Healthy Living

jhammers5
TOXIC INGREDIENTS IN PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS
January 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Women use an average of 12 beauty products containing more than 125 unique chemicals every morning before they walk out the door, every day. Even worse: Only 11% of chemicals in personal care products in the U.S. have been assessed for safety.

PROPYLENE GLYCOL (PG): As a "surfactant" or wetting agent and solvent, this ingredient is actually the active component in antifreeze. There is no difference between the PG used in industry and the PG used in personal care products. It is used in industry to break down protein and cellular structure (what the skin is made of) yet is found in most forms of make-up, hair products, lotions, after shave- deodorants, mouthwashes and toothpaste.

The Food and Drug Administration did two studies that show that 27 out of 29 cosmetics, and that's a
lot, contain high concentrations of a substance called Nitrous Diethanolamine which causes cancer. Now this means what you put on your skin can actually contain a substance that causes cancer. Should you be concerned about it? I think so.

Replies

• virginiamama71
    January 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM

thanks for the information.

• jhammers5
    January 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Your Welcome!! It's scary when you look this info up on line, I changed allot of the products that I use in my house.

• jenpatten254
    January 23, 2013 at 11:59 AM

There are so many toxic chemicals in so many things we use everyday and even if we dont use them everyday just having them in our homes pollutes the air in our homes.  People dont realize that humans are actually getting sicker and sicker.  These days 1 in every 2 men, and 1 in 3 women will get some form of cancer in their lifetime.  Cancer is the leading cause of death in children from disease.  Azthma, allergies, and many other sicknesses are becoming more and more common.  We've gotta stop poisoning ourselves!

Healthy Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts