Healthy Living

trinitysmama33
still felling hungry 20-30 mins after eating
January 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I have tryed a few different times since I had my DD in March 2012.  But after a few days I would give up.  Since New Year's I have decided to try a different way of doing this.  I started out trying to remember to my multi-vitamin/iron everyday and the same time.  After about a week and a hlaf of doing that I thought it was time to start with my eating habits.  I have done the whole "losing weight" stuff since I was in the 7th grade (14 years old) and now I'm 22 years old and I really want to get health, lose the weight, tone, and make the lifestyle change for my DD and my family and myself.  The only problem is I keep feeling hungry like 20-30 mins after I have just got done eating.  I have cut back on how much I eat at one time and started following the serving sizes on the things I eat.  I starting trying to eat every 2-3 hours sometimes 4 hours if I forget or get too busy with my DD because I am a stay at home mom.  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try or anything?

Replies

• michiganmom116
    January 11, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    Eat more healthy fat and protein. THOSE are what keep you feeling full! I changed my eating habits to include fats and more protein, fewer carbs (they just spike your insulin and then you're hungry), and now I can easily go 6 to 7 hours between meals. I'm not ravenously hungry at meal time, either. Eating this way, plus including all the veggies I can eat, keeps my calorie count lower than what you'd think, yet I have plenty of energy.
  • MusherMaggie
    January 13, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    First of all, make sure you have a protein and fat source with every meal or snack. Secondly, drink lots, especially water. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger. Thirdly, eat several small meals a day. This makes for healthier digestion. Also, eliminate artificial sweetener if you use it. It will make you think you're hungry. The supplement chromium picolinate will help with cravings.
  • JennieCarlson
    January 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Most people underestimate what they think they should be eating to lose weight.  As a Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach my clients tell they can't believe how much food they're supposed to be eating to lose weight, it goes against everything society drums in our brains.  You're body needs fuel to work and the best way to up your metabolism is to fuel your body every 2 1/2-3 hours.  Make sure you're eating whole foods (you know where they came from, and if they came from a factory/manufacturer you don't want them) because they take the body a longer time to break them down and they have more nutrients (proteins, fats, carbs, vitamins, and minerals). 

When you don't eat for awhile your body goes into starvation mode and then when you do eat it'll all go into storage because your body doesn't know when it'll get fed again. However, if you feed it frequently you're body will start to use it up because it's not afraid of starving. 

Lemme know if I can help out any other way. 

• MusherMaggie
    January 16, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    More protein and good fat, such as avocado and coconut oil; the latter can be put in hot beverages or hot cereal.
  • greenhazel96
    January 17, 2013 at 3:16 AM
    More protien and whole grain. Make sure you eat balanced with carbs an protien and oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of hemp seed is a great super food and is really filling. It has your protien and carbs and vitamins.
  • Xfitmom
    by Xfitmom
    January 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM

What are you eating? Certain foods will not fill you up. A lot of times the key to eating better is to eat healthier and knowing to eat enough (not too much and not too little). Also, be sure to drink a lot of water. Hunger can be mistaken for thirst.

• tightropemom
    January 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM

my majic food is greek yogurt, the flavored kind.  there is SO much protein in there you will feel satisfied and it takes so good.  i love the chobani brand.

I have lost 40 lbs and kep it off for almost two years, I too have dieted all my life!

Healthy Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN