flowerfunleah
Vinegar is magic too!
December 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Before using vinegar as a cleaning agent I always bought the small bottles. Then after going through THAT small bottle I realized you can buy two whole gallons for under $3 at Sams! Thats way cheaper than all the expensive chemical cleaners I was using!  

So here's some uses for vinegar your may or may not have been aware of! 

(source)

Replies

• flowerfunleah

Cleaning

• Use in your dishwasher in place of a rinse agent: works just as well and for a fraction of the cost
  • flowerfunleah

Remove hard water: Sprinkle the area with baking soda, add some white vinegar, allow to sit for a few minutes, scrub clean. Rinse with water and dry.

• flowerfunleah
    December 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Deodorize Drains and Garbage Disposals: 1/2 cup baking soda, pour in 1/2 cup DWV let sit for 5 minutes, flush with hot water.

• flowerfunleah

Clean windows and mirrors: Mix equal parts DWV and water into a spray bottle, spray on your window and clean with newspaper for a sparkling clean, streak free shine. (newspaper is lint free and gets the windows much cleaner than paper towels and FREE)

• flowerfunleah

Clean the dirty oven door window: Open the door, cover window area with a rag soaked in full strength DWV, let is set 10-15 minutes, clean.

• flowerfunleah

Disinfect and clean baby toys: Add some DWV to some soapy water. 

• flowerfunleah
    December 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Get rid of hard water on shower: In a zip lock bag add equal part DWV and water, tie over shower head, leave on at least one hour after bubbling has stopped, remove, run the shower.

• flowerfunleah

Mopping: Add 1/2 cup to  1 gallon of mop water and you will have a shiny clean no wax or linoleum  floor.

• flowerfunleah

Clean Grout: Apply DWV let set for a few minutes, scrub clean with a brush.

• flowerfunleah

Microwave: Bring 1/2 cup DWV and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a microwave safe bowl. Food splatters will wipe away easily and odors will disappear.