So I am kind of at a loss as to what I want to make for dinner. We did soup last night and pasta the night before. I already have some cooked turkey thawed. I *think* I have some ground meat. I have chicken breasts and tilapia filets. I'm not anywhere near hungry, at the moment, so nothing sounds good. Just throw some ideas at me and hopefully something will jump out at me.
Thanks in advance!
by hugssDecember 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Looks like you have been given some great ideas,
I also would like to suggest you join the *Dinner Ideas* group.
They have tons of new recipes every day which might help you with more ideas :)
This is a SUPER simple, SUPER fast dinner to throw together! It does take 30 minutes to bake. My family LOVED it!!! I added a tossed salad and some green beans to round it out.
Bruschetta Chicken Bake
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced OR 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 6 oz. box chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomateos with liquid in medium bowl. Add garlic, stuffing mix and water; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside
Place chicken in 13 x 9 baking dish; sprinkle with basil & cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Santa Fe Chicken & Rice
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 8 oz. salsa
- 1 8 oz. can corn, drained (I used frozen)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1/2 c. shredded taco or monterey pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 c. cooked rice
Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add chicken, cook on medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in salsa, corn and beans and heat through . Sprinkle with cheese. You can also choose to add the rice before sprinkling with cheese. Remove from heat and letset until cheese melts a bit. Serve over the rice if you didn't mix it in.
Artichoke Chicken Bake
EASY yet elegant, and tasty!
- 14 oz. can water packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 375°. Salt and pepper the chicken breast halves and place in a greased baking dish.
Combine the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and garlic; mix well. Spread over chicken breasts.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes until chicken juices run clear.
Makes 4 servings