WorkFromHomeMum
Do You Grow Your On Vegetables?
December 6, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Do you grow your own fruit and vegetables, if not, why?

Replies

• Mrs.Andrews
    December 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I was going to do that in the past but never got around to it. Plus according to everyone else, the gardening season sucked that year. I'm hoping to put in a raised garden and just do the basics.

Quoting WorkFromHomeMum:

Woo hoo, congratulations on the house purchase, very exciting times for you.  You can plant a few things in pots, herbs are great in pots.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

We haven't because we have lived in an apartment. But I'm hoping to have a garden now that we are buying a house.

• nailz98
    by nailz98
    December 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM

yes it is. I also love the fact that I know where my food comes from.

Quoting WorkFromHomeMum:

Yaaay,  such a rewarding experience, don't you think? 

Quoting nailz98:

yes we do.

• michiganmom116
    December 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You bet:  apples, strawberries, cherries, grapes, melons, green beans, green peas, cucumbers, beets, carrots, onions, kale, salad greens, sweet peppers, hot peppers, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, romaine, parsnips, tomatoes (3 kinds), sweet potatoes, sweet corn, spaghetti squash, zucchini, butternut squash, pumpkins, even herbs like basil, oregano, parsley, chives.

• Harris06
    December 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Ooh I wish!! If my dogs woudn't dig up everything and eat it, I probaby would try. I suck at gardening, though. It never fails, I can do everything they say to do and the right amounts and talk to the plants and all and they will be ok for a bit, just enough to get my hopes up, and then they die. :(

• travelbunny
    December 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM

No I don't.  I know nothing of gardening.  Growing vegetables was only something I thought of in the past year.  When I get my own home I will plan a garden and raise backyard chickens.