Juniper53098
Are there any....
November 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Deer hunting widows in this group?

Here in Wisconsin, deer hunting season starts tomorrow morning.  My husband will be gone through next weekend.  Anyone else?

Replies

• Rushn311
    November 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM

deer hunting widows?

• slw123
    by slw123
    November 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I used to be when we lived in CO and he went elk hunting, but now we live in FL and he doesn't seem interested in hunting anymore.

• michiganmom116
    November 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    Our season started yesterday. My DH used to hunt but now he claims that he doesn't have anywhere to hunt so he doesn't. Actually, it's a holiday at work so volunteers and then makes triple pay that day...I'd rather have the $$ than the venison. We can always just ask our farmer friends for any extra deer they get.
  • Heather2001
    November 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Not me!  My uncles all hunt(ed), though.

• abra
    by abra
    November 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    My dh goes every now and then but only over the weekend.
  • GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    November 16, 2012 at 8:44 PM

No, DH doesn't hunt.

In MN, deer hunting started the first weekend of Nov.  Funny that the seasons start so far apart even though we are neighbors.

• GwenMB
    by GwenMB
    November 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Rushn311:

deer hunting widows?

Women whose husband goes deer hunting.

• BelindaDuvessa
    November 16, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I'm not, but my mother is.  However, she usually goes up to the deer lease with him.  Our season started the first week of November.  Bow hunting starts in October, which is what my oldest brother does (unfortunately, he's not allowed to carry firearms for a felony he got 14 years ago).  All of my brothers and my step dad hunt, as well as my uncle.  Needless to say, between the 5 of them, there's usually venison to be shared with the rest of the family.  Good thing I learned to like deer meat.

• JennMcBride
    November 16, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Yup! Lol high power comes in a couple days before Thanksgiving.
  • Rushn311
    November 16, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I thought you lost your hubby to hunting, I was real confused. LOL

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting Rushn311:

deer hunting widows?

Women whose husband goes deer hunting.