Healthy Living

CafeMom Team
How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?
October 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

We gave 50 moms the Clorox "Cold & Flu Prevention Kit" with Clorox cleaning sprays and disinfecting wipes and other cold & flu season necessities like hand sanitizer, thermometers, and tissues.

Read their stories on how they handle cold & flu prevention!

Tell us... How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?

We can't wait to hear from you!  

**The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• arpazia
    by arpazia
    November 16, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    Oo interesting read ladies
  • CaraAchterberg
    November 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I think the best prevention of colds and flu comes from what you put IN your body, not what you put ON your body! In fact, everyone needs a few germs to build up healthy immunity. My family eats a whole food, mostly organic diet and we clean with ONLY vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and murphy's soap. Knock on wood, none of my 3 kids has been to the doc between well visits in several years and I can't remember the last cold. We don't get flu shots and haven't ever gotten the flu. I'm sure my kids could get sick tomorrow, but my experience so far is that it matters more what you feed your kids than how often they wash their hands.

• erikays
    by erikays
    November 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    Reserving my spot! Package just arrived, cant wait to use the products!
  • TerriC
    by TerriC
    November 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    Got my kit today. We will be trying it out this weekend. My girls asked if they could do the wipes cleaning, so thanks for also getting my kids to help with the cleaning!
  • jen113000
    November 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    Hello! My name is Jenna. Mother of two boys. I am always cleaning it seems! I just wiped down my entire kitchen and bathroom with the Clorox disinfecting wipes! Was quick and easy! Didn't leave a film behind either! I am pretty impressed with them! I love how they can be used for many different surfaces!
  • Kmakksmom
    November 16, 2012 at 3:57 PM

What a great influencer!  I make sure that my kids cough into their elbows.

• Mama2JoshKatie
    November 16, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Just got my kit a few minutes ago! Just in time too because I was just about to start cleaning my house. I will come back and post an update when I am finished!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    November 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I take off my shoes and wash my hands as soon as I get home. I have them wash their hands a lot.

• Madelaine
    November 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Awesome

• RobynS
    by RobynS
    November 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Oddly enough, my kit arrived yesterday--when DS was home sick from school. Well played, germs. Well played.

First, WOW. Thanks CM and Clorox. Very impressed with the kit!

Second, I have to admit that I had stopped using disinfectant wipes because I just don't like using chemicals. I even talked my co-workers and boss into switching to mostly vinegar/water for cleaning the toys in the play room where I work.

But I will give the wipes another shot, especially since it's "that time of year." My kids toys are overdue for a wash, so I'll start there! :)

Healthy Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN