Healthy Living

CafeMom Team
How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?
October 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

We gave 50 moms the Clorox "Cold & Flu Prevention Kit" with Clorox cleaning sprays and disinfecting wipes and other cold & flu season necessities like hand sanitizer, thermometers, and tissues.

Read their stories on how they handle cold & flu prevention!

Tell us... How do you protect your family from cold & flu germs?

We can't wait to hear from you!  

**The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• emilyrosenj
    November 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Lots of handwashing and minimal touching!

• Chillisarah
    November 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I encourage hand washing often in my home.  I teach my children to try to not touch their nose and keep their fingers out of their mouths.  I teach my children to cough or sneeze in the crook of their arm only.  I clean surfaces and door handles with vinegar and water daily.

• MamaJane
    November 9, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    I love Clorox wipes. Like another mom said, I keep them under every sink and one in the laundry room. They make for easy cleanup.

With 2 boys of my own and 2 just potty trained boys who I watch, wiping each of my 3 bathrooms down every day is essential. I use one wipe and wipe the sink and then the toilet.

I received my kit and went right to cleaning! I was so excited for the wipes. I've already used them to wipe a chicken dribble from the fridge, all the light switches and door knobs, the table top several times and just now it took 2 wipes to clean up a counter full of flour mess from making rolls. You know how that dough sticks to the counter.
    I was impressed it only took 2.

I wasn't as happy with the Clorox spray. I used to use it and stopped because it left a film. I thought maybe it had been improved but it still left a horrible film on my table top, bathroom counter and fridge and micro front. I will try this on the tub next because I see several have had luck there. I did like how it got the stains off my kitchen counter. I think it will come in handy for occasional spill cleanup and I liked using it on the trash can. I don't think ill use it for every day clean up because of the film left behind and the very strong smell.
  • dixiegurl223626
    November 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM

My name is Dixie and I'm so glad to be a part of this influencer. This package came at the perfect time because my son has been sick all week with the first day starting on the day I received the package. I feel like the products have helped prevent my husband and I from catching the stomach bug my son has had all week. I don't like to spend a lot of time cleaning, but I like a thorough cleaning. Its very important to keep germs from spreading when someone in the house is sick. I've been using the convenient Clorox sanitizing wipes to clean the phones, door handles, remote controls, and anything else that may harbor germs. Since my son has had a stomach virus, keeping the toilets clean is a big part of the job. The Clorox spray did a great job cleaning and sanitizing the toilets keeping them fresh and germ free. The Dial soap is great to keep at all faucets in the house to encourage keeping those hands clean and make your hands smell great. The white tea and vitamin E Dial keeps hands soft and smelling fresh. The safety first thermometer is a blessing because I really needed a new thermometer and it came at a perfect time to monitor my son's temperature. The display lights up and the thermometer takes temperatures quickly which is great when you have a squirmy, impatient child. The decorative tissue boxes look great in any room in the house and tissues are readily available for anyone who may need one. I do plan to purchase these products in the future. I already use the Clorox wipes and sprays regularly. I have bought Dial hand soap on occasion, but I think it will be a regular item on my shopping list because it has worked great and smells amazing. 

• NearSeattleMom
    November 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM

That's my main tactic, too!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Good handwashing!

• NearSeattleMom
    November 9, 2012 at 3:40 PM

When my kids were really little and I did daycare, I used that Clorox spray which is a mild bleach solution . . . I'd spray doorknobs and handles and tables.

• itsblissmas
    November 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I'll have to check these kits out. I've never heard of them. I use hand sanitizers a lot as well as Lysol Disinfectant.

• itsblissmas
    November 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Exactly. Same here. LOL!

Quoting jessicasmom1:

Clorox .. hmmm I only thought they did bleach learn something new everyday I can't wait to see some responses

• amonkeymom
    Amy
    November 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Same here!

Quoting KristinRox:

I totally LOVE clorox. I buy the little wipes and wash down counters, door knobs, sink faucets and anything else that needs a germ free wipe down. 

• amonkeymom
    Amy
    November 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Same here.  I love those little things and no other brand works as well.

Quoting Reina13:

I love Clorox wipes. I have them in all the bathrooms, the laundry room and the kitchen. I use them to wipe down everything, the counters, the light switch face plates, the table, the doors and even some of the kids toys.. They are easy breezy to use. I also use the Clorox Toilet bowl cleaner.

Healthy Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN