amonkeymom
Dieting - Are you doing it?
Amy
September 5, 2011 at 1:24 PM

If so, are you following a specific diet plan?  
How is it working for you?
What is your favorite/least favorite thing about the diet? 

Replies

• celestegood
    September 5, 2011 at 3:47 PM

No.  And its not going great now.  In all honesty, I am going to start writing down what I eat tomorrow.  I suffer from compulsive overeating.  Food, eating...gives me a high, and I feel so down that I can't control it.

Sorry to be down on your post!  I'm working on it, and to be honest, just eating as healthily as possible and try to not graze all the time helps me.  I am trying hard, and I know that I'll get there someday!

• karamille
    September 5, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I simply count calories.  No foods are off limits. If I can fit it into my calorie budget, I eat it. 

• alyciajoseph
    September 5, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    I don't diet, and don't know if I know how to..
  • celestegood
    September 6, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Starting today, I'm journaling.  It helps a lot.

• hailnbray
    September 6, 2011 at 1:49 PM

no i dont. I dont eat that bad how ever so i think that keeps me in the clear. I try to plan healthy meals and snack on fruits and veggies. I am a sucker for a cupcake though

• tina30218
    September 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I can't say I am dieting just trying to watch what I eat and get more fruits and vegetables in.

• Getinspired8
    January 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    Ive been on a quest for a healthier life all around. My mother at49 just past away from breast cancer. So I now want to train to run a marathon ( or at least half) by that age. I have 16 years to train but might as well start now. For now I'm just thinking about food differently. I love it and LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. I now eat 6 times a day. Breakfast 200 calories snack 200 calories lunch 200 calories snack 100 calories dinner500 calories and 100 cal evening snack. No eating after 8:00. I joined fitness pal. Com. It counts everything for you plus tracks workouts and you can create your own recipies and they calculate the calories for you. I also go to the gym two times a week for about an hour and twice a week at home. I get my grove on. Put in ear buds when kids go to bed go to my room and dance my butt off for about 45 min. Plus ab exercises.
  • amonkeymom
    Amy
    January 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom.  hugs

Quoting Getinspired8:

Ive been on a quest for a healthier life all around. My mother at49 just past away from breast cancer. So I now want to train to run a marathon ( or at least half) by that age. I have 16 years to train but might as well start now. For now I'm just thinking about food differently. I love it and LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. I now eat 6 times a day. Breakfast 200 calories snack 200 calories lunch 200 calories snack 100 calories dinner500 calories and 100 cal evening snack. No eating after 8:00. I joined fitness pal. Com. It counts everything for you plus tracks workouts and you can create your own recipies and they calculate the calories for you. I also go to the gym two times a week for about an hour and twice a week at home. I get my grove on. Put in ear buds when kids go to bed go to my room and dance my butt off for about 45 min. Plus ab exercises.

• michiganmom116
    February 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hunter-gatherer/Paleo/Primal/low carb.....whatever you want to call it.  No grains, no sugar, no legumes, no manufactured food products.  I eat meat (beef/pork/chicken/fish), eggs, real butter, some cheese, LOTS of veggies, bone broth, healthy coconut and olive oils, seeds and nuts (NOT peanuts), and a few seasonal fruits.  I am semi-careful with portion size, but not fanatical.  I don't have to count calories (I tried it for 3 days and consistently stuck to 1100 - 1200 calories with my normal paleo eating routines.)  I don't exercise as regularly as I should.  I've lost a total of 25 pounds as of this morning, and I fit into pre-children clothes (and my oldest DS is 26.)

I love this diet!  There's nothing I DON'T like aside from getting odd looks from people when I try to explain it to them.

• Getinspired8
    February 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    Thank you for the kind words.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom.  hugs

Quoting Getinspired8: