Healthy Living

steph21078
Do you exercise as a family?
September 2, 2011 at 4:43 PM

We all go to the high school track together and start off walking together, then usually the boys bring a football, soccer ball or tennis rackets and do their own thing while DH and I walk for at least 3 miles. 

Replies

• hailnbray
    September 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM

We dont often. we do go for walks and we have a wii fit we play but in general we dont have a workout routine together

• celestegood
    September 3, 2011 at 9:53 AM

We like to take a nice walk together as a family as often as we can.  We didn't during the 100+ degree weather we had for a while here, but when it was over-we did our walks!  I love exercising with my kids.  Dh refuses to exercise.

• GlowingxMomma
    September 3, 2011 at 11:49 AM

For the most part, yes. He is still young. Only 19 months old. But we go to the park a lot or walk

• karamille
    September 3, 2011 at 11:53 AM

NO!!!!  My run is the only 40 minutes a day I get to myself.  I don't have to worry about anyone else but me.  I listen to music that is not appropriate for a child, don't have to worry about who's keeping up/running ahead, and just focus on my breathing and my stride.  \

Same is true for YOGA.  I put the kid down for a nap, put on my nose canceling earphones (if they are trashing the their room - I even want to know about it), and take a mommy time out. 

My kids run and play nonstop all day.  They get plenty of exercise.  My biggest challenge with them is keeping them hydrated during hot summer days with their high energy level. 

• momof3914
    September 3, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Thats wonderful!!! I would love to do that with my children.  My boys and I do walk the track as well BUT, dd would be crying because she wants me to pick her up, she would get very tired.

• tina30218
    September 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I also have a wii fit as soon as my husband gets the rest of our tuff here from storage in Michigan where we use to live I am going to start doing it again. As for exercising as a family not really.

Healthy Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts