Featured Posts
wandep
steam mop vs robot vacuum vs adult tricycle?
by wandep
November 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hubby has asked me what I wanted for christmas.....

I cannot decided if I want a:

steam mop  - I mostly have tile and laminate flooring (would it work on laminate too)?

irobot mop/vacuum cleaner - I would want one that mops and vacuum floors

adult tricycle - so that I can ride with my kids when they want to ride their bikes around the neighborhood

What would you want? :)

Replies

• gmadiane
    November 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I have other gifts in mind for Christmas but I guess out of the 3 I would want the bike

• Megan11587
    November 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    I love my steam mop
  • Caitlin411
    November 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

If you use a steam mop on laminate floor it can void the warranty that came with the flooring. 

Those robot vacuum things seem to be all over rummage sales so I always assumed that they didn't work like people expected them to. 

A bike is something practical that you can use for many years to come. I like to use my bike as a form of exercise/relieving stress and a added bonus is that it keeps me in shape and my mood up. 

• MamaJane
    November 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    A mop, robot and bicycle walk into a bar.... Lol
    I agree with the bike.
  • wandep
    by wandep
    November 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Not sure about the warranty on these floors..they were put in by the previous owner of the house and they did a poor job. :( So it doesn't really matter if they ruin them or not. We are getting hard wood floors in the near future.

I like the bike idea too but it cost about $300 plus dollars for the one I want and we can't afford that right now. :(

Quoting Caitlin411:

If you use a steam mop on laminate floor it can void the warranty that came with the flooring. 

Those robot vacuum things seem to be all over rummage sales so I always assumed that they didn't work like people expected them to. 

A bike is something practical that you can use for many years to come. I like to use my bike as a form of exercise/relieving stress and a added bonus is that it keeps me in shape and my mood up. 

• wandep
    by wandep
    November 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

lol

Quoting MamaJane:

A mop, robot and bicycle walk into a bar.... Lol
    I agree with the bike.

• Caitlin411
    November 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM

If you're getting real wood floors soon then I would say it's not worth it to get a steam mop. That's a huge investment to make and then use a mop that could ruin them. My parents use a microfiber mop and spray on theirs and they still look great almost 10 years later. 

Quoting wandep:

Not sure about the warranty on these floors..they were put in by the previous owner of the house and they did a poor job. :( So it doesn't really matter if they ruin them or not. We are getting hard wood floors in the near future.

I like the bike idea too but it cost about $300 plus dollars for the one I want and we can't afford that right now. :(

Quoting Caitlin411:

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    November 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I've wondered about those robots.  They sound so cool, but I'm afraid they'd be another gadget that would be fun for a while but then put aside.

• wandep
    by wandep
    November 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Yeah same here. I am thinking a steam mop. A few of my friends love them. Plus some of them are under a $100.00. That way I can get some quilting stuff too instead of just getting one expensive gift. LOL

Quoting Bmat:

I've wondered about those robots.  They sound so cool, but I'm afraid they'd be another gadget that would be fun for a while but then put aside.

• wkukid
    by wkukid
    November 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    I love my irobot.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN