Cleaning & Organizing

wandep
steam mop vs robot vacuum vs adult tricycle?
by wandep
Pam
November 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hubby has asked me what I wanted for christmas.....

I cannot decided if I want a:

steam mop  - I mostly have tile and laminate flooring (would it work on laminate too)?

irobot mop/vacuum cleaner - I would want one that mops and vacuum floors

adult tricycle - so that I can ride with my kids when they want to ride their bikes around the neighborhood

What would you want? :)

Replies

• gmadiane
    November 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I have other gifts in mind for Christmas but I guess out of the 3 I would want the bike

• Megan11587
    November 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    I love my steam mop
  • Caitlin411
    November 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM

If you use a steam mop on laminate floor it can void the warranty that came with the flooring. 

Those robot vacuum things seem to be all over rummage sales so I always assumed that they didn't work like people expected them to. 

A bike is something practical that you can use for many years to come. I like to use my bike as a form of exercise/relieving stress and a added bonus is that it keeps me in shape and my mood up. 

• MamaJane
    November 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    A mop, robot and bicycle walk into a bar.... Lol
    I agree with the bike.
  • wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    November 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Not sure about the warranty on these floors..they were put in by the previous owner of the house and they did a poor job. :( So it doesn't really matter if they ruin them or not. We are getting hard wood floors in the near future.

I like the bike idea too but it cost about $300 plus dollars for the one I want and we can't afford that right now. :(

Quoting Caitlin411:

If you use a steam mop on laminate floor it can void the warranty that came with the flooring. 

Those robot vacuum things seem to be all over rummage sales so I always assumed that they didn't work like people expected them to. 

A bike is something practical that you can use for many years to come. I like to use my bike as a form of exercise/relieving stress and a added bonus is that it keeps me in shape and my mood up. 

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    November 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

lol

Quoting MamaJane:

A mop, robot and bicycle walk into a bar.... Lol
    I agree with the bike.

• Caitlin411
    November 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM

If you're getting real wood floors soon then I would say it's not worth it to get a steam mop. That's a huge investment to make and then use a mop that could ruin them. My parents use a microfiber mop and spray on theirs and they still look great almost 10 years later. 

Quoting wandep:

Not sure about the warranty on these floors..they were put in by the previous owner of the house and they did a poor job. :( So it doesn't really matter if they ruin them or not. We are getting hard wood floors in the near future.

I like the bike idea too but it cost about $300 plus dollars for the one I want and we can't afford that right now. :(

Quoting Caitlin411:

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    November 5, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I've wondered about those robots.  They sound so cool, but I'm afraid they'd be another gadget that would be fun for a while but then put aside.

• wandep
    by wandep
    Pam
    November 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Yeah same here. I am thinking a steam mop. A few of my friends love them. Plus some of them are under a $100.00. That way I can get some quilting stuff too instead of just getting one expensive gift. LOL

Quoting Bmat:

I've wondered about those robots.  They sound so cool, but I'm afraid they'd be another gadget that would be fun for a while but then put aside.

• wkukid
    by wkukid
    November 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    I love my irobot.

Cleaning & Organizing

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts