Cleaning & Organizing

Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 17: Declutter Your Home
October 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM

When you have kids sometimes having a clean house seems like an uphill battle. Little pockets of stuff seem to collect all over the place! Today's challenge is to declutter - or at least hide it better!

Try adding decorative baskets or shelving to hide clutter in your house. Put toys or books in bins that can be hidden in a closet when they are not being used.

sweeping

What's the most cluttered area in your house? Share your tips for keeping your house organized.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

Replies

• mama2b100808
    October 23, 2012 at 8:53 AM

My front room is cluttered as we speak. I have to get some totes and get everything in order and write a label what is in the totes and make the room alot nice and organized.

• ShirreeM
    October 23, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    Right now I have no clutter!
    Just had a baby so I went through my nesting stage and cleaned and organized everything!
  • Millertime77
    October 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Our living room has been overrun with toys! We actually set up a small tv in there with all our son's dvds and vhs tapes.  But there are so many toys-he cannot just sit in there and relax.  So weekend project is to get some big totes and bins and start putting stuff up in the storage area in the upstairs and the garage.  We figured if he hasn't played with it in the past three months, we can store it away.  We actually closed off that room when we had his bday party-too embarrasing to let anyone but the children go in there.  Looks like a toy bomb went off! :)

• nova.mommy
    October 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM

The family room, toys exploded there.  I got this shelf/bin  form IKEA to store like items:

I did get white bins.  As we have white walls, it blends in and does not shout toy box.

• othermom
    October 23, 2012 at 9:00 AM

My room is the most cluttered in the house because the shelves have become a catchall. I did clean it out a little last night to sew.

• Janet
    by Janet
    October 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM

My dining room is cluttered. It seems to always be the worst in the house. I have bins in there now. I'm working on getting things organised. My table is a mess too.

• erienne06
    October 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Clean a little bit at a time each so it's not so overwhelming. The most cluttered part of my house is the kitchen.
  • md_1015
    by md_1015
    October 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    I actually decluttered my livingroom last week. It felt really good and still does when you can sit and feel like your not overcome by stuff.
  • batjmom
    by batjmom
    October 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM

My hall closets use to be... we just got new carpet a couple weeks ago so I had to declutter everything. 

• Tink0711
    October 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    That would be the bedroom df & I use. We have old stuff of dd's that we want to save, stuff that the boys can't quite use yet, and all our stuff. I try to go through a little every day & put what we still want in totes.

Cleaning & Organizing

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN