Featured Posts
sweetsinglemama
good food
April 26 at 11:49 AM
My oven isn't working right now. So can you help me find some good crock pot/ microwave recipes. I used my oven a lot. So tell me your favorite meals from the crock pot or microwave or even the stove top. Thanks.

Replies

• Noelle40
    April 26 at 3:52 PM
    I do a sloppy Joe on the stove top. I've done a roast in a brown gravy in the crock pot. It came out yummy and really tender.
  • MistressMinerva
    April 26 at 4:58 PM

Quick Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

1 1/2
    cups milk
    cup frozen green peas and carrots
    cup cut-up cooked chicken
    can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup
    cup Original Bisquick® mix
    1/3
    cup milk

Paprika, if desired

Directions

• 1 Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, the peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan, stirring frequently.
    • 2 Stir Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid). Sprinkle with paprika.
    • 3 Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.

Expert Tips

Serve this home-style dish with a bagged ready-to-eat salad from the produce section.

You can use 1 cup of your favorite frozen vegetable combination instead of the peas and carrots.

For tender dumplings, don’t overmix the dough. Mix just until moistened.

• CandyMoon
    April 26 at 5:29 PM
    That looks delicious!

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quick Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients

1 1/2

cups milk

cup frozen green peas and carrots

cup cut-up cooked chicken

can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup

cup Original Bisquick® mix

1/3

cup milk

Paprika, if desired

Directions

Heat 1 1/2 cups milk, the peas and carrots, chicken and soup to boiling in 3-quart saucepan, stirring frequently.

Stir
      Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8
      spoonfuls onto chicken mixture (do not drop directly into liquid).
      Sprinkle with paprika.

Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.

Expert Tips

Serve this home-style dish with a bagged ready-to-eat salad from the produce section.

You can use 1 cup of your favorite frozen vegetable combination instead of the peas and carrots.

For tender dumplings, don’t overmix the dough. Mix just until moistened.

• splatz
    by splatz
    April 26 at 10:32 PM

Monday, May 7, 2012

Baked Potatoes...who knew?

My friend sent me a link to baked potatoes in the crock.  I thought that was neat but why would I ever do that when I could just stick them in the oven?  I came across the answer to that question last week on Captain's birthday.  Now, he is a steak and potato type of guy and for his birthday (which was on a work day) he wanted baked potatoes.  I was trying to figure out how I could do this when I was working and would not be home until 30 minutes before dinner.  Of course I could have microwaved the potatoes but they NEVER taste good that way.  I remembered this and it turned out wonderful!  The potatoes were evenly cooked and moist.  Perfecto!

wash potatoes, poke a few fork holes in potato, wrap in foil, put in crock on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  

• splatz
    by splatz
    April 26 at 10:33 PM

You can mix & change this up a lot & its good/easy. My kids always love breakfast for dinner.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients 

Serve 8

- 1 dozen eggs
    - 1 cup milk
    - 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. (you can use frozen hash browns, just cook for 8-9 hours, instead of the 7-8)
    - 1 lb of bacon or veggie Morning Star bacon- cooked, drained and cut into pieces. (feel free to substitute with your favorite breakfast meat..sausage, ham, etc)
    - 1/2 cup onions – diced 
    - 3 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
    - 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard 
    - 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    - 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper (I am recommending an additional pinch of salt and pepper for each layer of hash browns)

Directions: 

1. Beat 12 eggs until well blended.

2. Next, beat in milk and garlic powder, mustard, 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper. Set aside.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole - Steps

3. Layer potatoes (I suggest to season each potato layer to taste…..a small pinch of salt and pepper) and sprinkle 1/3 of the onions.

4. Next sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon.

5. Last but not least, top with 1 cup of cheese.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole - Steps -

6. Repeat this layering 2 more times to have a total of 3 layers….ending with cheese.

7. Take your egg mixture and pour over layers. For refrigerated hash browns, cook for 6-7 hours on low. For frozen hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low or until eggs are set.

• splatz
    by splatz
    April 26 at 10:34 PM

Here is another favorite if I just have no time to mess with dinner prep.

Crock Pot Cheesy Ravioli Casserole Recipe:
    (Makes 10 1 1/2 cup servings)

Ingredients: 
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 garlic clove, minced
    2 (26 ounce) jars four cheese pasta sauce
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
    2 (25 ounce) packages frozen beef ravioli

Directions: 
    Spray crock pot with Pam.  In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes stirring occasionally.  Stir in pasta sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.  Place 1 cup of sauce in crock pot.  Add 1 package of the ravioli, top with 1 cup of the cheese.  Top with remaining package of ravioli and 1 cup cheese.  Pour remaining sauce over the top.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.

• goddess99
    April 27 at 12:08 AM

Lemon Chicken

Lemon Chicken

• PREP TIME 5 Min
    • TOTAL TIME 25 Min
    • SERVINGS 8

8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 1/2 pounds)
    1 teaspoon lemon pepper
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
    1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachio nuts, if desired
    Lemon slice, if desired

• 1   Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with lemon pepper.
    • 2  Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, lemon juice and lemon peel in oil 15 to 20 minutes, turning chicken once and stirring juice mixture occasionally, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
    • 3  Serve chicken topped with juice mixture, nuts and lemon slices.
  • goddess99
    April 27 at 12:10 AM

Zesty Crockpot Pulled Chicken

4 boneless chicken breasts

12 oz BBQ Sauce

1/2 c. Italian salad dressing

1/4 c. brown sugar

2T. Worcestershire sauce

Place chicken in slow cooker. In bowl, mix rest of ingredients and pour over meat. Cover and cook 3-4 hours High or 6-8 hours Low.

• frankiesma530
    April 27 at 12:15 AM

My go-to is chicken and gravy. A can of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom, half an onion to an onion (we love onions lol), soy sauce (a couple of tbsp, sometimes more) pour over chicken breasts, cook on low about 6 hours, make some rice on the stove top, pour it over the rice when it's done. Easiest meal I've made that doesn't require a lot of prep.

• delanna6two
    April 29 at 12:58 PM

You can make bbq chicken in the crockpot or baked potatoes.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts