What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Do you have any weekend plans?

Let's Chat!

TGIF

Replies

• copugowner
    April 28 at 9:51 AM

My Lil one is eighteen months and will not be eligible for private preschool until 2016. With the rising cost of childcare, I opt to stay home during the day and work evenings and weekends. It's really stressful relying on one income.   If I work full time, I would be giving paycheck away to daycare. Inlaws are close to eighty and not comfortable asking to watch baby "On the Fly". I know this is temporary.   Any advice?

• cdandria
    May 29 at 6:48 AM

So wasn't I at the time. I wanted to put her into Head Start back then and she was gosh, close to 3 yrs at that time, so definately old enough. She's now 14.. 

Quoting Monsita: Wow! Thanks for letting me know. I am glad it worked out for you. I guess that sometimes you have to do whatever works!
    Quoting cdandria:

The going with out anything I did as well yrs. ago.. as soon as I put one on my daughter, she wet herself..lol So I had a streaker in the house.. lol  it seemed to work.. lol  She wouldn't potty train and was old enough so I stripped her down and let her go.. She seemed to do it better that way..

Quoting Monsita: Best of luck! Lets us know if it woks for you. By the way, this is the first time I hear of letting a child run without any protection there....to get potty trainning done!
    Quoting Tazzgirl21: I have tried a sticker chart, candy, putting him on the potty every hour and it wasn't working. So hopefully letting him run around with no undies or diaper will work.
    Quoting Monsita: Lets us know what woks for you! What have you try sofar? Just curious.
    Quoting Tazzgirl21: I heard it is harder, I just hope this works. I have tried everything.
    Quoting Monsita: Well, you are about to find out, it is much harder of what it looks like!! What works for some parents, does not work for others. What helps a kid to want to do it, does not work for another. One of the reasons, we all want to hear from others mom's is precisally for that, to see if it worked for her, maybe it would work for us...it is worth the try!!! Lol
    Quoting Tazzgirl21: Thanks. I have been asking everyone for advice on it lol. I will let you know.
    Quoting Monsita: Best of luck! Let us know how it goes and what works for you? We all can learn something from your experience!
    Quoting Tazzgirl21: Trying to get my 2 year old potty trained, and I am trying it with no diaper or undies on today and he went potty 2 times already this morning, hopefully it will stay this way! :)
    Quoting Monsita: I am learning about it, lol
    Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh MC is drama filled. It is the "entertainment capital' of CafeMom...haha

We are very friendly and fun here, nothing like MC.

Quoting Monsita: Not so boring here at CafeMom, though. I am finding out, Mom Confessions is a place for real drama, lol
    Quoting mom23heathens: My husband just left for Louisiana. He'll be gone all day. Not much planned today. Or tomorrow either. I live a boring life!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN