Featured Posts
celestegood
Share-what's a typical day like for you?
April 24 at 6:21 AM
From staying at home, to working, to working at home-all moms have it hard! Share what a typical day is like for you. Are you happy, or do you wish you could live your life differently?

Replies

• fudgybuddymom
    April 24 at 7:45 AM

I am happy with what life has given me today. I am a lot happier with my life since retiring from nursing 5 yrs ago!  We live in an apt. now & Molly has found (dd) some good friends. I went to Marist College Paralegal Certificate Program & graduated last August. I am working toward getting a job in that field in my town-but there aren't many Paralegal positions out there in Kingston,NY. I am currently an administrative assitant for the local Office for the Aging & so far so good! I don't wish I could live life differently because it's better than ever & maybe if it was different I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter!

• johnny4ever
    April 24 at 8:16 AM

I get up every morning at 6 am!I like the alone time.Look to see if I am scheduled to work.IF I am like today it is from 9-1.I eat lunch with Hubby since he goes to work at 2.Son gets home at 3.Homework and he can only play till 4:30 -5 the latest on school nights.We eat dinner and watch tv.Study or read.IF I could change one thing it would be....

I am a Full Time Mom Monday-Saturday!My DH has been on 2nd shift 2-? for over 20+ years.

• libsterdoodle
    April 24 at 9:37 AM

I love my life and wouldn't change very much!!! Probably would have more money to spend on fun things, but we certainly have a blessed life and all that we need!!!  School days I get up at 6:30 and wake up the kiddo's, we lay in bed and cuddle until 7:30.  Then we head downstairs, I make them breakfast, either pack their lunch or get their lunch money, double check that their backpacks have everything that they need, I unload the dishwasher, get the babies breakfast ready, brew some coffee & send them upstairs to wash up and get dressed for school while I clean up the breakfast dishes.  While they are getting ready I get the baby up, we pack everybody in the car and I take them to school, but  if it is warmer than 50 degrees we walk.  When we get home around 9:00 I feed the baby and have some breakfast of my own.  Then I sit and enjoy some coffee and play on my computer for a bit while the baby plays in her high chair, this is usually the only time I have to browse around on CM.  After she is done she plays in the living room for a bit.  I usually tidy up the dining room, living room and den while she is playing, and I start the laundry, I usually do at least 3 loads a day or I get behind.  Once the baby gets a little sleepy I get her ready and we go to the gym for about 1 1/2 hours.  After the gym we run any errands for that day, dry cleaners, store, post office, whichever and then head home so I can feed her lunch.  Then we have some more playtime until she gets sleepy and then I hop in the shower before I have to pick up the kids from school.  If the weather is nice out we always play at the park for awhile after school, then we head home and do homework and snacks.  Right now we usually have to rush through that part of the day so that we can head out to soccer practice, which we have 3 days a week.  If it is not a soccer practice day they get an hour of independent play time.  Then they take their showers while I make dinner and we have dinner as a family when my husband gets home from work at 7:00.  If I am really lucky the baby is napping during the dinner prep time, otherwise I am running back and forth to keep her busy!!  After dinner my daughter and I clean up the kitchen and then we have "wind down" at 8:00 which is a half hour of TV before bed.  Then they get tucked in and we sing some songs at 8:30 and they are out!!!  I usually do a couple more loads of laundry, tidy up the downstairs, give the baby a bath and bottle and hopefully get her settled in for bed between 11-12.  It is always a really busy day!!!!

• DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    April 24 at 9:49 AM

I get up around 6:30 to 7, take my daughter to school by 7:30, stop and get coffee, play on the computer, putter around the house cleaning and packing, (less of that now since there isn't much left to do.) and run errands until 2-2:15 when it's time to go pick up my daughter, usually we have bowling practice on Mondays and Fridays until about 5, go home and have supper. or on days we don't have practice we'll go home and chill before supper. 

I'm sure that will all change when we move. =)

• goddess99
    April 24 at 9:49 AM

I'm very happy. Everyone gets up before 7am. DD goes to school and dh goes to work, I do some housework, run errands - if needed, lately I've been volunteering at the school and will be later today as well. I'm online most days, pretty much do whatever I want. DD gets done with school about 2:30, I pick her up and dh gets done with work at 4pm. We have dinner as a family. I usually cook, sometimes dh does it or part of it. He's a much better cook than me. Then I help dd with any homework or test studying. Then I hang out with dh. Lately I've been going to bed earlier and watching tv.

• goddess99
    April 24 at 9:50 AM

Great post!

• sissyboogs
    April 24 at 9:59 AM
    Wake up between 630 and 7.
    shower and get ready for work.
    leave by 730 and get to work by 8.
    work until 4 or 430 (I'm a nurse and I work in an RNAC office at a nursing home)
    come home and make dinner
    play with the kids and clean up the house
    husband leaves for work at 730
    bathe the kids and get them off to bed
    enjoy some alone time and clean the house if needed
    go to bed between 11 and 12
  • MistressMinerva
    April 24 at 10:13 AM

I wake up at 3am. I leave the house at 3:30 to go to work. Hubby is still sleeping, he doesn't get up until about 8:30 am and he starts getting ready for work. He leaves about 10:15 am for work. I get home between 12:45 and 1pm.

The rest of the day I do errands and clean house if needed. Hubby doesn't get home from work until 8pm. I go to bed between 8:30-9pm so I don't get much time with hubby.

Starting Sunday I start going into work at 6am instead of 4am and so I will be getting up at 5am. So I will get an extra few hours of sleep and then stay up a little longer to spend with hubby before going to bed.

• auntangelofsix
    April 24 at 10:31 AM
    I get up at 7:30/ 8:00 A.m. I get dressed and if my 2 year old son is up I dress him and then I wake my 11 year old son up he gets ready for school and then we walk him to school then we walk home and then let the dogs outback and then I try to clean the house if I can and we eat lunch and 2 year old some days will or will not nap for me then about 3 p.m. we walk to gets oldest son from school and then we come home I cook then we do baths n get ready for bed.
  • Jinxed8
    by Jinxed8
    April 24 at 10:54 AM

Let's see ; get up between 6h00 and 6h15am - make sure DD is up and getting ready, feed the cats, let the dogs out, make DD breakfast, put finishing touches on her lunch, make sure she gets on the bus a 6h42am. I then make myself a cup of coffee and watch TV with DH for about an hour.  Get ready for work and leave the house at roughly 8h40am - get to work for 9am - work till 12. Go home, eat a quick lunch, start prepping dinner, and try to walk my dogs around the block.  Go back to work, 5pm get off of work and head home, finish up dinner and make sure it is served by 5h30pm - 6pm to 7pm is homework time with DD, 7pm send DD off to shower, brush teeth etc.  Mean while I make her lunch for the next day, clean up the kitchen, load the dishwater, do the dishes, 8pm  I put DD to bed, the rest of the evening I do odds and ends around the house (laundry, folding, mopping, paperwork) and  make sure I get some time with DH which is usually conversations and watching TV  until about 11pm - shower, prep for bed and usually go to sleep between 12am and 12h30am - and it starts all over again the next day !

I am not 100% happy with how things are.  I wish I didn't have to rush around so much.  I wish I didn't have to work and be a SAHM but life is the way it is...  I'm used to this routine by now.  Trouble is I'm usually so wired at night that I have difficulty falling asleep and exhausted by the time the weekend comes around.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts