aztecqueen22
what should i do
January 22 at 2:52 AM
Has anyone been to a kids event.. in my case, disney on ice.. with a baby (mines will be 5 months at the time of event) who nurses? I don't know if i should bring him along. It would be hard to leave him with grams especially since he doesn't know how to use a bottle and pacifier. And grams panics easily. It's also weird with so many kids around although i know for sure they won't be paying any attention to me. And not sure if there's room for his car seat. It's been years since i been to one of these events so i don't remember how long it might last.

Replies

• johnny4ever
    January 22 at 7:24 AM

Can you pump a bottle or two for someone to take care of her?

• goddess99
    January 22 at 8:13 AM

I went to a show like that a few years ago and where we were anyway it was dark because all lights were on the skaters. I don't think anyone would notice.

• mrsnoble2004
    January 22 at 8:21 AM

You may want to call ahead and see if you need to purchase a seat for the car seat if you were planning on taking it into the show with you. I know they make you leave the stroller somewhere else.

• whoodathunk
    January 22 at 8:25 AM

If you want the seat, you'll have to pay for an extra for baby.  We just kept the baby on our lap.  You can nurse if need be or walk to the hallway.  I will say, there's lots of light & noise and activity.  My babies were too distracted and overwhelmed by all the energy in the room that they cried most of the time.  It will depend on your baby's tolerance to environmental activity.

• aztecqueen22
    January 22 at 11:20 AM
    I can but he doesn't know how and if he doesn't take it my grams will panic and just keep calling.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Can you pump a bottle or two for someone to take care of her?

• aztecqueen22
    January 22 at 11:23 AM
    I'll just use the carrier and just have him on my lap and sometimes with my mom lol. He's really used to loudness... mostly because of mom and siblings plus my dd and niece. He only really cries when hungry or wants attention so i think i should be fine hopefully.

Quoting whoodathunk:

If you want the seat, you'll have to pay for an extra for baby.  We just kept the baby on our lap.  You can nurse if need be or walk to the hallway.  I will say, there's lots of light & noise and activity.  My babies were too distracted and overwhelmed by all the energy in the room that they cried most of the time.  It will depend on your baby's tolerance to environmental activity.

• whoodathunk
    January 22 at 7:14 PM

Have fun then!  We used to go to the Disney on ice shows...they were a LOT of fun!

Quoting aztecqueen22: I'll just use the carrier and just have him on my lap and sometimes with my mom lol. He's really used to loudness... mostly because of mom and siblings plus my dd and niece. He only really cries when hungry or wants attention so i think i should be fine hopefully.

Quoting whoodathunk:

• aztecqueen22
    January 22 at 11:33 PM
    Quoting whoodathunk:

Have fun then!  We used to go to the Disney on ice shows...they were a LOT of fun!

Quoting aztecqueen22: I'll just use the carrier and just have him on my lap and sometimes with my mom lol. He's really used to loudness... mostly because of mom and siblings plus my dd and niece. He only really cries when hungry or wants attention so i think i should be fine hopefully.

Quoting whoodathunk:

Thanks. I only been to one when dd was maybe 3. It was fun. I wish I could've taken her to the one with all Disney characters there.

• delanna6two
    January 23 at 10:55 AM

I have not been out like that in years.....hope something works out...

• nana776
    by nana776
    January 24 at 1:44 PM

I know it would be tough to miss the event with your LO, but could your Mom take older to the event and you stay home with the baby? Just a suggestion. I hope you figure out a way you all get to go though!!! Good luck.