Featured Posts
Shani527
potty training
January 21 at 9:25 PM
This has the potential to turn into more of a vent but here i go.

I have three kids. 1 daughter almost 8. A son just turned 6. And another daughter about to turn 3.

My first was potty trained about 1.5yrs. My son took longer for #2. He was a little over 2yrs. Now my youngin.... almost 3yr and wont train.

My MIL watches her while i am at work for four hours 5 days a week. We also live with her while my husband is going to school to help us and the in laws out because my FIL was in an accident so...anyway off track.

Both my older two i trained by going straight to underwear. It was messy for a bit but the caught on. My son like i mentioned did take longer for #2

I know i just know if i could let her be naked or wear just panties she would do it. When we are getting dressed and shes naked she uses the toliet and i dance and jump up and down high fiving and stuff. Again, when we are getting ready for a bath "hold on gotta pee"

So i have been trying off and on since she turned 2. She doesnt care. She can do it but she doesnt care if shes pee or poop in a diaper. She doesnt even say anything.

So MIL was getting on my case saying she is almost 3 she should be potty trained, get pull ups. I said all pull ups are are diapers designed a bit different. But i bought some anyway to try her way. Again daughter doesnt care if she pees in them. Why would she? they absorb the pee. Yes i felt the inside, dry. And then scrubbed my hands.... anyway.....

This is going to be hard on daughter but i guess after i get off work she is going to be naked or in panties and MIL is just going to deal with it because i am there for clean up and making sure she uses the toliet. But then when i am gone MIL is going to use the pull ups nc she doesnt want a mess and doesnt wany to tell daughter to sit on the toliet every 20minutes.

I just do not know what else to do. Oye vey. Like daughter has been "getting air" since i wrote this and went pee in toilet. Totally exciting! So i know my way will work....but will it w switching back and forth?

Thanks to anyone who read my rambling. Ill be back in a bit time for bed time routine.

Replies

• johnny4ever
    January 22 at 7:29 AM

My son was almost 3 till he was potty trained.Don't get discouraged!

• goddess99
    January 22 at 8:16 AM

My dd was 4 before she was ready, the good news - it only took a day.

• whoodathunk
    January 22 at 8:22 AM

It's NOT your MIL's fault!  Tons of people train with pull ups and their kids get it.  Yours is either not ready, lazy or subborn.  Work on it  when you're home.  4 hours a day isn't going to ruin your efforts.  

• gbkmama
    by gbkmama
    January 22 at 10:33 AM

Keep your head up! My son was almost 3 when he finally was potty trained. It took 3 days! We tried just before 2yrs and a little after and he just wasn't ready yet. I would make a whole weekend out of it. Give lotts of love and rewards the first couple days. She will get it. It just takes more time for other kiddos :)

• Mom_to_Lincoln
    January 22 at 3:35 PM

They call that naked thing the three day method. I did it with my oldest also. If you can be with her there for 3 or 4 day's in a row it might catch on fast and then by the time you go back to work she might have few enough accidents that you get your mil to avoid the pull ups. Do you have a day off comingup soon? That might help give you an extra day to get it done. Good luck It sounds like she is definitely ready to potty train.

• Dabberdoo
    January 23 at 12:32 AM

It will work eventually.  And, no, its not your MIL's fault.  She isn't the mother.  She is doing you a favor.  Work around her preference.  It will probably take longer but your alternative is to quit your job and stay home and do it yourself.  If you can't do that, take what you can get.

• amberNewman0213
    January 23 at 12:34 AM
    My DD will be 3 in feb and she is still not ready but I'm feeling like this summer we will try to introduce it again.
  • celestegood
    January 23 at 1:10 AM
    It's not your mil's fault. She isn't' with the child enough to matter. Honestly, some kids just aren't ready. Just wait until your child is ready. Can she verbalize it? Does she pull her panties down and pants? Is she interested in staying dry? Does she stay dry for long extended periods of time, like naptime, and bedtime? These and other signs show when your child is ready.
    Until her body and mind are ready, she won't train. You can't force her.
    It becomes a power struggle when you try to force kids to train, when they aren't ready.
    But you're the mom. Good luck, eventually, she'll train. Good luck!
  • Retrokitty
    January 23 at 1:17 AM
    The average age for being potty trained is 3. Most kids are just not ready until then.
  • delanna6two
    January 23 at 10:33 AM

Hope all works out....I have 5 and each was different....I just continued to work with them in their own time....I was late starting to train....at least one or 2 were 4 or 5yo before completely trained.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts