Featured Posts
aztecqueen22
I'm torn *update*
December 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I really don't want to do this but I don't think I have a choice..

So I have 3 kids all in carseats; infant carseat, highback booster, and booster seat. I have a 2 door dodge stratus. The back seat doesn't fit all 3. It can barely fit my skiny 6 year old if two carseats where on each side of her. It is that small.

I take my niece to her visits with her mom on wednesdays. I take her back home on sundays. So my grams has been letting me use her van when I have all 3 of them from sundays to wednesdays. But she is complaining that I don't fill up her tank. I'm not going to spend money that I don't have on a gas tank I won't be using. She won't let me use van.

So I'm torn on what to do with my daughter since she is the oldest... putting her in the front seat of my car with her booster or not. I know that she should be far from air bag if it came to the point of putting a child in front seat. But I really don't want her there for her safety. And I don't want to get pulled over. I don't know what to do. I'm the only one who can do transportation for my niece since I'm her foster mom.

Update: I was sort of able to fit the carseats. I had to put ds's and nieces carseat on the raised edges. My niece's highback booster is fine.. its tightly secured plus with latch. My dd's booster is in the middle and we both have trouble buckling her up because my ds's carseat is on the other side of her and well basically they are so tightly close together its really hard to buckle her in. I have gotten a couple scrapes. And my ds's carseat is loose. No matter how much I tighten the seatbelt. Its also latched on but its still loose.

Replies

• goddess99
    December 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Can you turn the front airbag off?

Idk what I would do.

• aztecqueen22
    December 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    Quoting goddess99:

Can you turn the front airbag off?

Idk what I would do.

I have no idea :/
  • goddess99
    December 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM

hmm here's a BUMP maybe some other ladies have some ideas.

• splatz
    by splatz
    December 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I would look into what is legal in your state. Pretty sure 6 is illegal in most states though. Sounds like you need different carseats. 

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 2, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Quoting splatz:

I would look into what is legal in your state. Pretty sure 6 is illegal in most states though. Sounds like you need different carseats. 

• Janet
    by Janet
    December 2, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Quoting Janet:

Quoting splatz:

• aztecqueen22
    December 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    Quoting splatz:

I'm pretty sure its illegal in cali. Plus I don't want her in the front. These carseats are new.. well last year I bought them and my ds' s carseat is few months new.
  • goddess99
    December 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Too bad your gram wouldn't just accept maybe $10 in gas instead of expecting a full tank. Her van seems the safest option.

• nuts4scouts
    December 2, 2013 at 2:05 PM

So you did not feel the need to replace the gas you used in your Gram's van? Can't say I blame her for not letting you use it any more.

Now you have a few choices - 

Beg forgiveness of your Gram. Personally I would have no problem with filling the tank if I was using the car for 4 out of 7 days of every week. You are putting wear/tear/miles on it, not just using her gas. But that is between the two of you. Maybe you can convince her to agree to letting you simply fill the van to where it was when you pick it up on Sunday.

See if your Gram will watch 1-3 of the three kids when you have to go out. That way the most you will have to put in your back seat is 2.

Jam the three car seats in the backseat, and make the best of it.

Take your car, car seats, and kids, to your local police station, and see if you meet an exemption to have one of the kids in the front seat.

Trade your tiny, impractical, car in for one that is a bit bigger, and will fit all three seats in the rear. If you get an older, used one, you might not have to pay much of an increase after your trade-in.

• aztecqueen22
    December 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Quoting nuts4scouts:

So you did not feel the need to replace the gas you used in your Gram's van? Can't say I blame her for not letting you use it any more.

Now you have a few choices - 

Beg forgiveness of your Gram. Personally I would have no problem with filling the tank if I was using the car for 4 out of 7 days of every week. You are putting wear/tear/miles on it, not just using her gas. But that is between the two of you. Maybe you can convince her to agree to letting you simply fill the van to where it was when you pick it up on Sunday.

See if your Gram will watch 1-3 of the three kids when you have to go out. That way the most you will have to put in your back seat is 2.

Jam the three car seats in the backseat, and make the best of it.

Take your car, car seats, and kids, to your local police station, and see if you meet an exemption to have one of the kids in the front seat.

Trade your tiny, impractical, car in for one that is a bit bigger, and will fit all three seats in the rear. If you get an older, used one, you might not have to pay much of an increase after your trade-in.

oh no her tank was empty. She wanted me to also put gas in my car; she uses it when i use her van. But I have no reason to put gas in when I'm not using it. I live in a different city.. at least an hour away. So there's no way she can watch them. Plus she hates kids. Doesn't want to be around them, etc. Can't trade my car bc I still havent put in my name.. financial reasons. Plus someone broke into and I haven't been able to pay for the part and get it fixed. I'm using the money for the kids in what they need and other emergencies.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN