Featured Posts
MilfordMomma
Triplets three weeks old, husband going back to work = miserable mamma
December 1, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Hi all,

So I'm not sure if any of you knew I was pregnant with triplets, but for those of you that did, they were born three weeks ago!

Believe me, I feel blessed to have three healthy babies, but I am so absolutely miserable. These aren't my first babies. I have a 2 and 4 year old. I feel like I should be used to this, but I am going insane. My husband is going back to work on Monday and I don't know how I'll possibly make it through. 

My oldest two are in nursing school and I do have a nanny 6 am - 6 pm (split shift between two women). I also hired my niece to come over in the afternoons after school. My friends and family have been coming over to help out, cook/clean, and make us meals.

It's pathetic that even with all the help I have, I still feel like I have no control.

Anyone have any advice?

Replies

• want10more
    December 4, 2013 at 3:31 AM

i have 6 kids, all special needs. and i hate schedules too. but........ i didn't have to have multiples either. that must be just a whole other level of mommydom, help or no......

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

I have triplets.  And I have little to know help with them except for my mom when she was there. 

Do you have them on a schedule?  I hate schedules, but its the only way to survive!  Get them on a schedule asap!  It will seriously ave your life. 

Let go of things you can't control and are not important for your survival and well beings.

Best of luck. My girls are now 7 and the are just to the point of getting easier. LOL!

• KRIZZ25
    by KRIZZ25
    December 4, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    well come to parents of triplets u will never have control again .i have 3 kids and been doing it on my owne 8 years ..i would love help.
  • tntmomof2
    December 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    First off CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've never had triplets so I may be WAY off here but.....I would go out of my mind more for having so many different people in and out. Too many cooks in the kitchen sort of thing. Do you think maybe you feel like you have no control because there are so many people who are literally taking that control from you? I'm not saying this is what's going on but it would be how I would feel.

If this is the case maybe try to limit it to just the nanny during the day and if dh isn't home at night to help maybe 1 helper from 6pm till the older kids bedtime.

Either way good luck and stay strong. Hugs
  • bcauseimthemom
    December 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Be thankful you have all that help.... imagine the insanity of  a two and four year old with triplet newborns and NO help..... ahhhhhhhhhh.................. that would suck.  Count your blessings.

• MilfordMomma
    December 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies!!!

We've been doing better. I've gotten somewhat of a schedule down. All the people helping has been a huge blessing. I was really upset that I felt like I'd be missing out on the older girl's lives but at the same time the babies, but I think I'm beginning to get somewhat of a balance. I have the girls with me do a lot of the laundry, dishwashing, etc. so I have more time to be with my kids. 

I completely overhauled my organization. I'm a bit of a control freak. My house is always clean and perfectly neat. I've learned to live with organized clutter. We now have diaper/clothes changing stations scattered throughout the house (previously a big no-no in my house). There are toys for the girls all over the place, including the babies room, so that they can hang out with me while I'm feeding the babies, etc. I'm using formula a lot more than I would like to. AND the previously all organic mommy did order pizza this week. 

So yes I still feel a little out of control but I feel better than I did a week ago. Thanks for all your support and I'll keep you all updated.

And I will put some pictures up when I get a chance :)

• goddess99
    December 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I'm so happy things are going well for you. Can't wait to see pics! =)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts