Most people in my life either love or hate pumpkin pie, but just about everyone can agree on apple pie. It's the all-American classic,particularly perfect for theholiday season, but really, delicious just about any time of year. You might even argue any time of day (my husband would!), but there's a more acceptable way to gobble it up in the a.m., well before your big turkey dinner has even been served: As French toast, of course!
Bonus: This mouthwatering Apple Pie French Toast recipe is so easy and versatile, you could even go off-recipe and use leftovers from your Thanksgiving apple pie as the topping. Nommmm!
Check it out ...
Apple Pie French Toast from ClosetCooking.com
(makes 2 servings)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 slices bread
1/4 cup candied walnuts
1. Simmer the apples, butter, sugar, flour cinnamon and water until the apples are tender, about 10-15 minutes and set aside.
2. Mix the eggs, milk and vanilla in a wide dish.
3. Dip the bread into the egg mixture to coat on both sides.
4. Melt some butter in a pan and fry the slices of bread until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Serve the french toast covered in the caramelized apples along with some candied walnuts.
by natural_sNovember 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM
I love apples and that looks good but don't eat french toast.
by johnny4everNovember 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I so wanna try this!!!
by DixieLNovember 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
That looks good.
by MomTiara19November 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
This is a great idea!Have to try.
December 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM