Randoodle89
Baby's first Christmas
October 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Yes, I know it's only October but I want to go ahead and get stuff for my boys for Christmas. My oldest, no problem, he's 5 years old. But, my youngest is 2 months and I was wondering... What do you get a baby for their first Christmas when they are that young? I know this may sound terrible, but I honestly do not remember what I got my oldest for his first Christmas. Any ideas would be GREAT!

thank you

Replies

• orchardmoma
    October 21, 2013 at 12:28 AM

New pjs, a teether toy, a first Xmas ornament for the tree, a  nice new  hardback book for a book shelf

• luvmybug
    October 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    How about start a scrapbook? That's what I want to do for my 9yr old. It's good for any age really.
  • goddess99
    October 21, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I got my dd clothes, some new toys, a bank, she was 5 months her 1st Christmas. She didn't care about any of it lol.

• kristen0812
    October 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    Last year my youngest was only 11 weeks old, we got her some pj's, a playmat, sensory toys and a few other small things. She slept the whole time anyway :)
  • MamaRae85
    October 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Our four year old was about six months old for his first christmas. We didn't get him anything except a pair of PJs (Christmas Eve tradition). Our second child will only be about 2 months old for Christmas, so we'll probably do the same for him.

• mylilprincesses
    October 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    My youngest was a month old at her first Christmas. We got her a outfit and a rattle.
  • STVUstudent
    October 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

honestly, your baby will be 4 months old... to him, Christmas will be just another day.  Waht I would do (and what I did for mine that first Christmas)... we got a cute outfit to put them in, had one brightly wrapped present each (think colored foil paper, red or blue or something bright), so we could get a cute "first Christmas" picture, and that was it.  For the present, just pick something age appropriate... if he will be 4 months then, maybe shoot for a 6 month toy, something that you will not find too irritating to hear or see on a regular basis (I say this because somebody got our babies a ball that played really loud music and was really annoying LOL).

Try not to stress it, and keep in mind for your older boy that many of the toys designed for 5 year olds, especially boys, it seems like, are inherently NOT baby safe...

Yeah, it is Christmas, but try to make the day as stress-free and drama free as possible.  Don't feel like making a big fancy dinner?  Don't... make a new tradition... go with "family favorite" and just have a chill out day... 

• splatz
    by splatz
    October 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM
    I got my kids a fun toy to grow into, board books, and I think an outfit or two.
  • Jennyanne322
    October 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    DS was almost 7 months at Christmas. He was the size of a normal one year old. I bought him toys for a one year old because I knew he would be able to use them before he was one.
  • CB3arr
    by CB3arr
    October 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I want to start a tradition where for each of our children's first Christmas we get them a "my chair" from pottery barn w/ their names on it.  It may not be useful for them for a few years, but it's something that will last and they will know it was from their first Christmas.