Featured Posts
splatz
van recommendations?
by splatz
July 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM
We are looking to buy a used car. Preferably under the $10,000 range. We have a 03, 06, and 07 town and country on our list to check out.
Anyone have any recommendations on older vans?

I think I would prefer one that doesn't have a bench seat in the middle row. I think it may be easier that way. We have a 7 year old 2 year old, and a LO due in January.

Replies

• goddess99
    July 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Bump

no idea

• MistressMinerva
    July 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I don't like vans myself. My soon to be hubby likes them and he is always trying to get me to get a Honda Odyssey. Honda's are good and last long.

• splatz
    by splatz
    July 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    I can't say I love them either. But I love the idea of more room. 3 carseats across is not easy to do. Not to mention its really hard to find a car wide enough to fit them. Even with the right carseats. :(

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I don't like vans myself. My soon to be hubby likes them and he is always trying to get me to get a Honda Odyssey. Honda's are good and last long.

• OliviasMommy611
    July 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    No idea
  • MistressMinerva
    July 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM

We just traded our Honda Fit for a Honda Pilot. So much more room. It seats 7. You might want to look into something like that. This is what it looks like...

Quoting splatz:

I can't say I love them either. But I love the idea of more room. 3 carseats across is not easy to do. Not to mention its really hard to find a car wide enough to fit them. Even with the right carseats. :(

Quoting MistressMinerva:

• suetoo
    by suetoo
    July 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

My dd loves her ford explorer SUV, with hatch back and third row seating. I love the dodge grand caravan but its on consumer reports list of cars that need a lot of repair. Go to library and look at this years issue of consumer reports car ratings. There is a federal car safety website, too. 

• victoria1971
    July 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    I love my dodge caravan. I think it's easier as a 7 passenger otherwise you will have 3 kids in 1 row
  • Janet
    by Janet
    July 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

That is a good choice. I like it.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

We just traded our Honda Fit for a Honda Pilot. So much more room. It seats 7. You might want to look into something like that. This is what it looks like...

Quoting splatz:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

• Myruhbel
    July 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    Honda Odyssey. :) a Town and Country is nice too.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    July 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Most of the suvs with 3rd row we have looked at are way out of our price range.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quoting splatz:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN