Featured Posts
splatz
van recommendations?
by splatz
July 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM
We are looking to buy a used car. Preferably under the $10,000 range. We have a 03, 06, and 07 town and country on our list to check out.
Anyone have any recommendations on older vans?

I think I would prefer one that doesn't have a bench seat in the middle row. I think it may be easier that way. We have a 7 year old 2 year old, and a LO due in January.

Replies

• goddess99
    July 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Bump

no idea

• MistressMinerva
    July 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I don't like vans myself. My soon to be hubby likes them and he is always trying to get me to get a Honda Odyssey. Honda's are good and last long.

• splatz
    by splatz
    July 7, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    I can't say I love them either. But I love the idea of more room. 3 carseats across is not easy to do. Not to mention its really hard to find a car wide enough to fit them. Even with the right carseats. :(

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I don't like vans myself. My soon to be hubby likes them and he is always trying to get me to get a Honda Odyssey. Honda's are good and last long.

• OliviasMommy611
    July 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    No idea
  • MistressMinerva
    July 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM

We just traded our Honda Fit for a Honda Pilot. So much more room. It seats 7. You might want to look into something like that. This is what it looks like...

Quoting splatz:

I can't say I love them either. But I love the idea of more room. 3 carseats across is not easy to do. Not to mention its really hard to find a car wide enough to fit them. Even with the right carseats. :(

Quoting MistressMinerva:

• suetoo
    by suetoo
    July 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

My dd loves her ford explorer SUV, with hatch back and third row seating. I love the dodge grand caravan but its on consumer reports list of cars that need a lot of repair. Go to library and look at this years issue of consumer reports car ratings. There is a federal car safety website, too. 

• victoria1971
    July 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    I love my dodge caravan. I think it's easier as a 7 passenger otherwise you will have 3 kids in 1 row
  • Janet
    by Janet
    July 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

That is a good choice. I like it.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

We just traded our Honda Fit for a Honda Pilot. So much more room. It seats 7. You might want to look into something like that. This is what it looks like...

Quoting splatz:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

• Myruhbel
    July 8, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    Honda Odyssey. :) a Town and Country is nice too.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    July 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Most of the suvs with 3rd row we have looked at are way out of our price range.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Quoting splatz:

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts