no-secrets
What is wrong with some Parents?
July 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

My twin 6 year old daughters are taking some gymnastic classes for the summer.  In the gym there is a one room dance studio.  The adult waiting area is for both is in the same hall-way.  The dance moms all sit together and gossip/talk together.  One of the moms was a member/volunteer at my daughters VBS a few weeks ago.  One of my twins went up to her so excited and said hi and gave her a hug.  This women says, huh who are you and do I know you?  The other moms laughed asked the mom if she knew my daughter and she said huh no, I don't know who you are and just embarrassed her.  This mom didn't know I was watching the whole thing.  My daughter said remember, I'm the twin, we went to Vacation Bible School.  The lady says, oh yeah, which one are you?

My daughter walked over to me, her face was so red, she was uncomfortable and embarrassed.  When the women looked up she notice I saw the whole thing and looked embarrassed herself.

I am a substitute teacher.  I have kids come up to me a lot.  I don't remember all of them or their names but I always acknowledge them like they are the only one in the room.  They would never know I didn't remember.  I ask them how they are and so on...

How do you do that to a 6 year old?  Just mean!

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    July 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Ignorant!

• mygirls53
    July 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    What a fucking cow!
  • othermom
    July 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM

That is sad that the lady acted like that, but she may not remember her and was surprised when she came up while she was talking and hugged her

• boys2men2soon
    July 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Wow.   No, I would never treat a child like that.   I ran a daycare for many years, and was a constant presence as a volunteer/PTA Mom at my kids' school.     Kids come up to me all the time.... now many of them are adults.   Like you, even if I don't remember them (I usually do), I still smile, chat and hug.   I am honored that they remember me and are happy to see me.

• goddess99
    July 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I volunteered for years at my dd's school. Kids always come up to me. Some I don't recall their name but I always hug them and ask how they are. That was mean of her.

• MySweetChild
    July 2, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Aww, how sad, that was rude of her, she should have just hugged her and went along with it!

• MichelleMc
    July 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Even if you don't remember the child, she is a child, you shouldn't laugh & make her the butt of a chatty women convention joke. She didn't have to make a huge Oh I have missed you bs line. But just oh hi there. Goodness.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    July 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

That was rude!

• 2ArfarasMom
    July 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Aww poor girl. The woman is an idiot 

• KsenijaR
    July 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM

There are so many rude people out there and unfortunately, we all get in the situation like this once in a while. So, just think of it as a lesson to your daughter - not all people are friendly and know how to behave, but it's not a reason to get upset. Hope she'll understand.