Featured Posts
Jan25th
Help please.
by Jan25th
July 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Hi everyone. I just found out today that I will be expecting my new child on jan 25th and need some advice. 

I recently left my husband and just found out I'm pregnant. I'm already seeing a new guy who is amazing. The only thing is I don't know who the father is and need help with how the conception date works. I'm 10 weeks and 2 days today. I have slept with my husband sometime in the end of April and with my new boyfriend for the first time on may 5th. The doctor said my conception date is may 4/5. So was I pregnant before my new bf which means my husband is father???? Please help!!!! 

Replies

• goddess99
    July 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

April 20th you conceived by the info you gave.

• Jan25th
    by Jan25th
    July 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM

So there is no way that I got pregnant on may 5th???

• Jan25th
    by Jan25th
    July 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

BUMP!

• splatz
    by splatz
    July 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    That doesn't seem right. I conceived on April 22nd and baby is due January 15th. Hmm...

Quoting goddess99:

April 20th you conceived by the info you gave.

• goddess99
    July 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I counted back 10 weeks and 2 days from today, twice lol. I get April 20th.

• splatz
    by splatz
    July 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    What I am seeing based off your due date is that you most likely ovulated in early May.
    Search conception date calculator and it will give you possible dates of everything.

Quoting Jan25th:

So there is no way that I got pregnant on may 5th???

• Jan25th
    by Jan25th
    July 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM

BUMP!

• SlapItHigh
    July 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    You'll need a paternity test.
  • mpowe003
    July 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM

There are several conception calculators online that are free to use. If your due date is Jan 25th, I counted 40 weeks back and I come up with April 20th. It is truly none of my business but it seems to me that you must have already been in some sort of relationship with the new guy before you left your husband. My reasoning is that you seemed mighty comfortable sleeping with him unprotected approximately 2 weeks after you left your husband. I can only advise that you get a paternity test and take things a little slow with this new guy and be honest with yourself and with him, too. He has to know that there is a possibility that he may/may not be the father. If he is the father, then you all should decide on where the relationship is going  and if there is a certain future for the two of you where you both will be happy. The relationship is new and fresh now so naturally everything is smooth sailing. If your husband is the father, then are the two of you going to work things out or just share joint custody. This is a real situation you are in and there is a baby involved. So please take careful consideration and try to do what is best in the long run for the sake of the child. I hope this helps and good luck to you hun.

• dreamalong
    July 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I would trust the doctor's numbers and it seems as if your new boyfriend is the father.

talk to your new boyfriend and see how comfortable he would be rushing into the relationship.

You have to admit you were foolish not to use protection; so many women think they can't get pregnant the first time they have sex!    For everyone who reads this, WEAR PROTECTION!!!  

After talking to him, and hearing how he feels, make a decision about getting a paternity test; since the dates are so close, so that you can have legal protection when the baby comes and financial support, even if court ordered.  If it is your husband's child, this will become a part of the divorce and the court order.

If it is your new boyfriend, again, have a conversation about how he feels about this and whether he is ready to be a father.

Finalize your divorce and financial arrangements with your spouse, quickly.  I don't know if you are in a no fault divorce state; but, if so, it will only cost a little under $1,000.  It's the easy way to go, if everyone can agree. 

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts