GleeFan
Vent: Why do they keep spending money on this!
by GleeFan
June 17, 2013 at 1:25 PM

The feds are currently digging up a field in Oakland Township in Michigan looking for the remains of Jimmy Hoffa.

They have been looking for him/his remains since he disappeared in 1975. I understand why they would be looking before, but it has been almost 40 years and still they are spending tax payer dollars to look for someone who has been dead for so long.
I understand the family needing closure and I would NOT feel this way if they were searching for the remains of a child who was murdered 40  years ago, but this was a known mob associate.

I just think that it is ridiculous to continue to spend the tax payers hard earned money when that money could be better spent looking for missing children or others who could still be alive.

Do you think it is ridiculous to continue the search after so long? What would you rather that money be spent on?

Replies

• MistressMinerva
    June 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Agree

• kstchr
    by kstchr
    June 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I think by now it's "old news" and they could better use the money to work on current cases, especially those that would help children.

• splatz
    by splatz
    June 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM

BUMP!

• splatz
    by splatz
    June 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Seems sort of crazy to use time and funds on something like that. 

• miraclemom20821
    June 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

The true question should be what are the feds worried he had with him when he died. I think missing and exploited children could better use the money, maybe he was not killed maybe he assumed another identity?I have an old shed that needs demolishing could he be under it .... thats what seems like is happening. Stuff that needs to come down..