Featured Posts
saylooth
Toddler Humping Bed
June 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
My daughter is humping her bed to go to sleep. It is very strange and disturbs me a little. Is this normal? We are very careful about what shows she watches, she is not left alone with strangers etc. She is 2.5 years old. Has anyone else's toddler done this?

Replies

• silvania85
    June 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    its normal..my daughter is 3, she touches herself once in a while. i just tell her not to do that..nothing major...and yesterday i saw her humping the pillow..
  • saylooth
    June 28, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    Omg lol!!

Quoting AWallewein:

• oneboredmama
    July 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Ohmygosh! I totally agree! I remember doing things like this when I was between two and three and felt ashamed. I know my mother didn't get onto me, so I'm not sure why I felt so dirty about it. My 2 year old now does it and I tell her it's not wrong, but I distract her and get her involved in other activities. I never want her to feel the shame I did for no reason. 

Quoting baileymarie723:

I agree. I did this as a child, but when I would get cought I would get into trouble. As I got older, and realized what it was I was doing I never wanted to start having sex because I felt for the longest time it was wrong.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Yes, it's normal. It is mastabatory, but not sexual. She's discovering her body and this feels good. Perfectly normal, just please, no punishment. Just remind her that it's fine but to continue to keep it private.... In her bedroom , with the door closed.

Is this your first child ? This is not anything to make you uncomfortable, and do not inadvertently make her feel
    It's wrong.
    It's most likely nothing she watched, heard, saw or had done to her. This is exploration, and face it, if it feels good , as mammals , we're gonna do it. Just roll with it.

• redmummyof3
    March 31 at 8:32 PM

as strange as this may seem to you as a mom

it is very normal   look at it this way baby boys have erections in the womb ! baby girls touch themselves when you change them  the same goes for toddlers  my two yr old just discoverd his penis   it is just part of development  just dont make a big deal about it  she will stop eventually

• butterbean491
    March 31 at 11:48 PM
    I can remember being told that only dirty girls do that. I always felt that anything sexual was wrong. Maybe if I had been taught privacy instead of punished I wouldn't feel that way.

Quoting baileymarie723: I agree. I did this as a child, but when I would get cought I would get into trouble. As I got older, and realized what it was I was doing I never wanted to start having sex because I felt for the longest time it was wrong.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:Yes, it's normal. It is mastabatory, but not sexual. She's discovering her body and this feels good. Perfectly normal, just please, no punishment. Just remind her that it's fine but to continue to keep it private.... In her bedroom , with the door closed.

Is this your first child ? This is not anything to make you uncomfortable, and do not inadvertently make her feel
    It's wrong.
    It's most likely nothing she watched, heard, saw or had done to her. This is exploration, and face it, if it feels good , as mammals , we're gonna do it. Just roll with it.
  • waytomanykids10
    April 1 at 1:24 AM

Yep, pretty normal. Hell my almost 9 yo dd does this, No she has never been sexually abused and no she has never seen anything inappropriate. Even little kids can be horny.

• rhymicmiss
    May 7 at 8:53 PM

Mine didd too since very early age

• athorne
    by athorne
    May 8 at 8:46 AM
    My daughter has been doing this for a while. She humps on a lot of things. It probably just feels good. I believe it is more common on boys that age, but girls will do it as well. I am sure she will grow out of it. As long as she is still responding to you and does not seem to be "spacing out" she should be good. If you really do feel there is a problem after a couple of years, then you can talk to her doctor(only if she really needed it).
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN