Featured Posts
butterbean491
Thinking About Taking DS Out of Daycare....
June 15, 2013 at 11:27 PM
I put DS in daycare in March, just two days a week. He is now 19mths. I wanted him to socialize with others and get ready to share mommy with little sister due in June. He loves it and has learned so much. The problem is that he is literally getting sick about every 2 weeks. He gets a high temp, upset stomach, upper respiratory infections. It just seems to go on and on. We just finished an antibiotic for the resp infection. Then had to start a round on yeast med from a reaction of the antibiotic. Of course I don't want him sick, but dr says its just building his immune system. Well, now little sister is due any day. I can't have him bringing all this home and sharing with us. Just curious, what would you do?

Replies

• BrookeAraiza
    June 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    That is a huge reason why I don't take my 2 year old daughter to daycare; she has had a cold twice in her life no ear infections nothing. All my friends with kids in daycare are constantly sick! If you are able to, take him out (:
  • momma2b2008
    June 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    The first few months is always the worst. It does get better once their immune systems adjust.
  • butterbean491
    June 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    Yeah, before I put him in daycare he had never really been sick. Never had a fever other than a small low-grade with teething.
    Quoting BrookeAraiza:

That is a huge reason why I don't take my 2 year old daughter to daycare; she has had a cold twice in her life no ear infections nothing. All my friends with kids in daycare are constantly sick! If you are able to, take him out (:

• CherylAnne9
    June 16, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I never put any of my kids in day care other than a few drop in situations...that happen maybe 3x. But I did have to be carful witht he nursery at church. If there was any sign of a sick kid I would not let them go in. This will also happen in school....they will catch everything!! Not much you can do. However, due to the fact your about to deliver....I would not send him back for a long time. He is going to get socialieze with the baby. You can plan play dates or go to the park where you have a better chance of avoiding kids that are sick. Congrats and good luck.

• lizard3731
    June 16, 2013 at 3:40 AM

If you're not working, why send him to daycare?  Let him stay home.  He can socialize with other kids when he gets a little older.  BTW, my two older children didn't go to daycare or preschool and turned out just fine.  Both are in college and working.

• achorney
    June 16, 2013 at 7:06 AM

It'll be now or when he goes to school. that first year was a nightmare.

• zacmacsmomm
    June 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Well your doc is right, his immune system is building up.  As far as what to do, that I can't say.  My son was in school when daughter was born, so even when he didnt' get sick, he brought everything home lol.  I also had her in a childcare at the gym I went to.  She picked up everything it seemed lol

• momof2girls339
    June 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

If you don't have to have him in daycare, I would take him out. You don't want the baby to get rsv. I would feel better putting him back in next summer, when the baby is older and it won't be flu season. I know he is getting sick a lot now, but winter time is much worse. Our next door neighbors go to daycare, and have for years. They are sick what seems like every 2 weeks. I don't like my kids to play with them. We don't need to catch what they have. My kids go to school and preschool and are only sick about twice a year. I don't know why, but daycare seems to be worse with the sicknesses than preschool ever was!

• MistressMinerva
    June 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM

If your already staying home then no need to send him.

• goddess99
    June 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM

I would take him out of daycare. If you're Only using it to socialize then it's not worth it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts