Janet
If you have dogs. Are your dogs afraid of storms?
by Janet
June 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

We had bad storms all last night. It knocked our power out. The dogs are so afraid of storms!

Replies

• keriley1
    June 13, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Mine aren't afraid of storms. One is of fireworks, but not thunnder. He is weird. I used to have a dog that was TERIFFIED of thunder. He would hide in the bathtub. We used to find paw prints in the tub all the time after a storm lol.

• goddess99
    June 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM

My dog gets panicky during storms.

• Janet
    by Janet
    June 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM

That's funny about the bathtub. Fireworks is the works for mine!

Quoting keriley1:

Mine aren't afraid of storms. One is of fireworks, but not thunnder. He is weird. I used to have a dog that was TERIFFIED of thunder. He would hide in the bathtub. We used to find paw prints in the tub all the time after a storm lol.

• MistressMinerva
    June 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM

My dog hates it.

• auntangelofsix
    June 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    We have a chow poddle some kinda mix scared of Thunderstorms and fireworks she hides in the hall bathroom or our bedroom on my side of the bed or under our bar.
  • tifbrown
    June 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Mine is sometimes. Our Min Pin is fine, she mostly just barks at her own shadow. But, my German Pinscher gets all whiny and sad ass. 

• MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    June 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    Yes they all cuddle together during storms. The only thing that soothes them is warm blankets and playing some kind of white noise. I have such big dogs too , its so funny and at the same time sad, to see them acting so pitiful. The big babies.lol
  • luvnature
    June 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM

every dogs my family ever had when I was growing up were all terrified of storms. 

• 22donnas
    June 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM

my dog rolls up in his blanket looks like a burrito on the floor by our bed.

• JodyLane555
    June 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I am a dog parent and professional pet sitter. Many dogs get anxious when there are storms, some things that help are:

1mg Melatonin

The Thundershirt or other close fitting dog sweater work real well

Also if they have a crate to just close them in til the storm passes

Sometimes they just like their belly rubbed!