pkem
Trying to conceive......
by pkem
June 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Hi ALL!!  I have a question about trying to conceive.....My husband and I have 2 children 2 yrs and and 11 months old.  they are 17 months apart.  We were able to conceive on the first try with both of them.  We have decided to try for number 3 and have tried 2 months with no luck.  Now, i know this is not uncommon and I know it is common to try for a yr or so before conceiving BUT being we were successful the first try with the first 2 I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.....Have any of you had this same problem??  Successful then unsuccessful?  I would love your feed back!!

Replies

• splatz
    by splatz
    June 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM

What are you doing so far to conceive? Are you tracking your cycles? Taking ovulation tests? 

• SlapItHigh
    June 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Took us a long time with our kids.  Hope you are able to concieve next month!

• pkem
    by pkem
    June 11, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I have been tracking my cycle

• Junebaby18
    June 11, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Have your cycles been regular since your baby was born? How many months have you been regular?
  • shiningjoy
    June 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM

You were just really lucky the first couple times.  Just keep trying and don't stress!!

• pkem
    by pkem
    June 25, 2013 at 10:45 AM

My periods were very regular before I had children.  I got pregnant with my first...breastfed for 9 months.  I got my period back when baby was 8 months and got pregnant.  Then I had my daughter and with her I breastfed 11 months but got my period back when she was 2  months or so.  They were VERY heavy up until this last cycle.  My daughter is now 11.5 months.   So I would say irregular because I NEVER was that heavy before.....could that affect it?

• happymommaof4
    June 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

WE have 4 children, first 3 were easy to conceive. They have back to back birthdays...March , April ,May. So when we wanted to add baby #4 we thought lets shoot for a June baby.....No luck we ended up with a September baby.  As we get older it's not always easy to conceive like when we were in our early 20's. Try to relax and remember that God will give you the child that is meant for you when ready. Good luck =)