Featured Posts
AmandaB10
5 year old in a stroller
June 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM
My ds is 5 years old, we live with my mil and every time she wants to take him for a walk she wants to put him in the stroller. I personally do not like this, I think he is too old and I do not want him to get used to this to the point that he still wants to sit in one at 6,7,8. I have not said anything to her because whenever dh or I tell her we don't want her doing something specific with our kids she gets pissed off and acts like she is right and we are wrong. What do you think, is 5 years old too old for a stroller? Is this a worth while convo, possible argument to have with her?

Replies

• poohbearkfc
    June 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    I think by 5 yes they should be walking on there own. Unless there is a reason for a stroller.
  • goddess99
    June 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I think if it's just for a walk a stroller isn't needed. Now if you're going for a walk around Disney World then yeah maybe. Sounds like Grandma is just spoiling him. He could ride his bike around the block while she walks next to him.

• Janet
    by Janet
    June 5, 2013 at 1:35 PM

He should be walking and getting the exercise!

• armyvet06
    June 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    I think 5 is too old for a stroller.
  • Eve-marie
    June 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Hide the darn thing already.

• MistressMinerva
    June 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Get rid of the stroller.

• lacyd75
    by lacyd75
    June 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Yeah 5 is a bit old to be cruising the stroller still. It's your ds so just tell her you prefer him walking not riding anymore. She can get over it, right?

• auntangelofsix
    June 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    I agree.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Get rid of the stroller.

• auntangelofsix
    June 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    I agree.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Get rid of the stroller.

• Knightquester
    June 5, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Anything concerning you about your children is worth standing your ground even in the face of possible confrontation.

To me 5 is too old to be in a stroller unless for a good reason.  I know instances where it's necessary, one of my friends daughter was born with cerebral palsy and couldn't walk, so she was in a stroller when they were out at age 5.  Aside from being unable to walk, that little girl looked and acted like a normal smart 5 year old so a lot of outsiders looking in didn't understand and some were rude.

On a side note though, I would suggest you guys try to find alternate living as soon as possible because if she thinks she's in the right when you confront her about your own children then she has no respect for your parenting, or you guys, and that could rub off on the kids.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts