Featured Posts
GleeFan
Be Honest: Do you text and drive?
by GleeFan
June 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I know that most states have laws in effect but lets be honest, I don't think it really stops people from texting and driving. I can look to my left or to my right at anytime and see someone texting while driving.

So honestly, do you text and drive? If not, do you at least glance at the phone if it rings or you get a text?

Do you text and drive?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 6% - Yes
  2. 67% - No
  3. 12% - Sometimes
  4. 14% - Depends on the situation..Explain please

Replies

• Cafe MichelleP
    June 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM

No, I do not.

I do see it all the time though. I've seen people with their heads down texting for several seconds at a time all the while swerving within their lane.

• Sunshine2plus2
    June 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Sometimes but very rarely

• Mom2five87
    June 3, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I said it depends. I usually only do if it's something important and I only do it while at a stop sign, red light, or going slow. I definitely wouldn't do it on the highway or anything.

• MichelleMc
    June 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM

No. It is illegal in my state, PA. And someone is being charged with a homicide locally for killing someone texting. It really wakes you up even if you were occasional texter. 

• GunnyGirlTN
    June 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Mobile Photo

I used to be doing it all the time!

But I stopped due to a horrible traffic accident. I was driving to work like normal. I had this odd feeling and put my phone in the cup holder & closed the sunroof. About 10 minutes later I noticed the car to my left was coming into my lane. I blew my horn but she kept coming so I started moving to the right and kept blowing my horn. This was on a very busy & dangerous highway. I thought the grass on the side of the road was level but I was wrong. To keep the car from hitting me I swerved. My SUV hit the ditch, sped out of control, & the rolled. It all happened so fast! Thank the good Lord my set collapsed & my set belt tighted. Because of this and my sunroof being closed I survived. Come to find out the girl was texting and driving. She was looking at her phone and didnt notice the car in front of her had stopped to turn left. To keep from rearending that car she swerved into my lane. I could have died! After that my husband bought me a Bluetooth. I do not text or check my phone. I use the Bluetooth for phone calls. I'm so scared of the road now. My eyes we're open and I can recall looking out the windshield as I rolled, watching the windshield shatter.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    June 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    Nope, never. There is no call or text that is more important than mine or my childrens safety.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    June 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    Wow, how scary! Were you badly injured?

Quoting GunnyGirlTN:

Mobile Photo

But I stopped due to a horrible traffic accident. I was driving to work like normal. I had this odd feeling and put my phone in the cup holder & closed the sunroof. About 10 minutes later I noticed the car to my left was coming into my lane. I blew my horn but she kept coming so I started moving to the right and kept blowing my horn. This was on a very busy & dangerous highway. I thought the grass on the side of the road was level but I was wrong. To keep the car from hitting me I swerved. My SUV hit the ditch, sped out of control, & the rolled. It all happened so fast! Thank the good Lord my set collapsed & my set belt tighted. Because of this and my sunroof being closed I survived. Come to find out the girl was texting and driving. She was looking at her phone and didnt notice the car in front of her had stopped to turn left. To keep from rearending that car she swerved into my lane. I could have died! After that my husband bought me a Bluetooth. I do not text or check my phone. I use the Bluetooth for phone calls. I'm so scared of the road now. My eyes we're open and I can recall looking out the windshield as I rolled, watching the windshield shatter.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    June 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM

It's illegal here in Ohio too.

Quoting MichelleMc:

No. It is illegal in my state, PA. And someone is being charged with a homicide locally for killing someone texting. It really wakes you up even if you were occasional texter. 

• JasonsMom2007
    June 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I don't have texting so no I don't text and drive

• Janet
    by Janet
    June 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Glad your okay.

Quoting GunnyGirlTN:

Mobile Photo

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts