Reina13
Would you confront a bully ?
by Reina13
May 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I was reading a Stir article about a mom who was arrested for assaulting an 11yo girl who was bullying and hitting her daughter.

In all honesty, if the school didnt do anything about it, I may want to talk to the kid myself, but I would never assault or lay hands on them.

Would you confront the child who was bullying/hitting your child, if the school did nothing about it? 

Replies

• MaNdYbEaR2010
    May 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    I'd confront the parents and discuss actions with the police. While I'd be tempted to talk to the little brat... Err, child... I wouldn't.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    May 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

If the bully was right there yes I might ask them what their problem is? I wouldn't assult anyone. I would get the police involved.

• whatmynameagain
    May 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    I eould talk to the parents and school, if nothing was resolved and it continued I would take it up with the police and file charges esp if my child was threatened or hurt. Bit as much as Id want to I would not touch the other child.
    What kind of an example does that set for my kids if I turn into a bully?
  • goddess99
    May 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I would, if the school proved it's self useless.

• MansfieldMama
    May 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM

As a teacher, I confront bullies all the time - verbally not physically.  Yes, if a child was bullying my child I would confront them if needed, however, I've taught my children to stand up for themselves (verbally), so hopefully I wouldn't need to.

• delanna6two
    May 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Not the child but other means...

• MistressMinerva
    May 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I would.

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    May 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Sure would.

• Stelley
    by Stelley
    May 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I marched up to the top of the bleachers at our district stadium to tell a boy and a girl that if they didn't stop teasing and bothering my daughter, I would report them to the police for harrassment. 

We'd already involved the school and he'd stop bothering her for a bit and then start up again.  I let the band director know exactly what I'd done too.  Now the principal, crisis counselor, and band directors are monitoring him and his friends very closely.

• letstalk747
    May 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

i would