Featured Posts
Reina13
What would you splurge on?
by Reina13
May 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I was watching one of my favorite older movies last night (Brewsters Millions) and as usually, I got to thinking..what would I do in that situation.

Basically, a man who is pretty much penniless inherts 30 million dollars. The rules are that he has to spend 30 million dollars in 30 days, in order to get his true inheritance of 300 million dollars. He cannot keep anything he spends the 30 million on and he cannot tell anyone about the conditions of the will.

If you were to suddenly come into money but you could not keep anything you bought with it, what would you splurge on?

Replies

• delanna6two
    May 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM

wow...that's tough...house, car, clothes, food

• goddess99
    May 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I would buy my family new cars, homes, vacations. I would donate money to animal charities.

• mrsnoble2004
    May 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM

hmm....I would do some much needed improvements for the schools. Build a local swimming pool and or water park. Update the library. Much needed sidewalks in town.Honestly I would need more than 30 million for the things I could do around here that are not for myself.

• StephanAndCoral
    May 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

put some in the school fund, help my friend start her non profit to help veterans, buy a van for another orginaization that needs one, help habitat for humanity, purchase a running vehicle for a disabled family, purchase a couple houses for families in need, college funds, open a kids zone so the kids here have a safe place to go when school is out I am sure I can think of other things :)

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    May 17, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I'd buy all my kids houses and live with one of them. I'd also fill their college funds, and life funds. I'd also travel.

• splatz
    by splatz
    May 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    College accounts for the kids, a house, and a bigger vehicle.

Then I would donate a ton to local womens shelters. Hell, with that much I could build a few of my own. :)
  • letstalk747
    May 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM

same here

Quoting goddess99:

I would buy my family new cars, homes, vacations. I would donate money to animal charities.

• MistressMinerva
    May 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I would buy my family all new cars and houses. Send them on vacation. Pay for my grandsons colleges. Whatever they wanted pretty much.

• OliviasMommy611
    May 17, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    This! Awsosme

Quoting splatz:

College accounts for the kids, a house, and a bigger vehicle.

Then I would donate a ton to local womens shelters. Hell, with that much I could build a few of my own. :)
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts