Featured Posts
MsBlueBelle
I am an older Mom, an empty nester, show me some 'luv' and watch my ds.
May 17, 2013 at 3:20 AM

I adore looking at all the pictures of the pretty babies, I cannot wait for grandchildren, but those are not in the plans.  My two children have spent a decade of their young lives in college preparing for their careers.  My dd is now 32 and began college at age 16 years.  My ds is now 26 and began college at age 14 years.  Normal kids, someone dared my dd to take the SAT's and ACT's her sophomore year of high school and only missed one question on each.  So she asked if she could try for early admission to the college she chose.  They took her and she was off.  With the age difference between my children they are more like two lonely onlies, instead of stair step siblings.  They are very close though, in spite of the age difference.  My ds was not going to take it sitting down and his sister dared him to beat her test scores and college entrance age.  So in the 8th grade he took the SAT and the ACT tests missed one question on the ACT.  Dd was not impressed.  So she double dared him on the college entrance, she figured nobody would take him.  We were beating the college offers off with a stick, but he decided to do his undergraduate degree locally and he lived at home and I drove him to campus each day.  How odd is that? 

My point is, with all that education, they are pretty normal kids.  My ds has a hobby of garage bands, TV show host, Radio show host, but still works in his chosen career.  When you see this video, he is wearing a $600 suit, the beginning is quintiscential Zach, him being him.  He is a true Southern Gentleman, opens car doors for his dates, brings flowers to every date, holds the chair as his date is being seated, and he is pretty cute, too.  But the end of the tape is absolutely hilarious!  There are funny bits but I skip past the music because I don't understand any of it, even though he did most of garage band stuff here at home. 

His sister plays with sea turtles as a hobby with her husband in the US Virgin Islands!

So show an old lady some 'luv' and watch my baby boy, all grown up, and acting the fool.  Thanks.

Replies

• LivinDeadGurl
    May 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

BUMP!

• MsBlueBelle
    May 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Thanks.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

BUMP!

• villagemamma
    May 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Bump

• splatz
    by splatz
    May 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
    You have pretty impressive children! You must be proud. :)
  • MsBlueBelle
    May 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Thanks, I am proud of them.  They worked very hard at a young age, but I am still prouder that they still did the normal teenage things.  I think my ds is cute as a button.  I hope he finds a nice girl, again.  When that tornado went through Tuscaloosa a couple of years ago, was the day he asked his fiance' to marry him, and they drove to T-town to show off the ring to the sorority sisters and frat brothers.  They just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, they saw the tornado coming and he pulled her into a fast food joint, but on the way she was struck by debris and was killed.  He was so heart broken and he moved home for six months until he could go back to his life.  He is better now and I am amazed at his recovery. 

Quoting splatz:

• Janet
    by Janet
    May 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM

That is so sad. :(

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Thanks, I am proud of them.  They worked very hard at a young age, but I am still prouder that they still did the normal teenage things.  I think my ds is cute as a button.  I hope he finds a nice girl, again.  When that tornado went through Tuscaloosa a couple of years ago, was the day he asked his fiance' to marry him, and they drove to T-town to show off the ring to the sorority sisters and frat brothers.  They just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, they saw the tornado coming and he pulled her into a fast food joint, but on the way she was struck by debris and was killed.  He was so heart broken and he moved home for six months until he could go back to his life.  He is better now and I am amazed at his recovery. 

Quoting splatz:

• Janet
    by Janet
    May 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Yes, I agree you must be so proud!!

Quoting splatz:

• splatz
    by splatz
    May 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    Oh my gosh. That is so heartbreaking!

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

Quoting splatz:

• MsBlueBelle
    May 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Here is a better picture of my dd and ds.

above are dd's legs and her fabulous front 'lawn'

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN