Featured Posts
FootballFan12
Do you think a new law will keep people from drinking and driving?
May 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Tuesday the National Transportation and Safety Board recommended that states lower the blood alcohol level from the national limit of .08 to .05 to decrease the chances of fatal accidents.

Basically it means that a man who weighs 160 would be considered legally drunk after two drinks.

Personally, I don't think it is going to help. Responsible people don't drive while or after drinking. Lowering the limit in my opinion is pointless. People who drive while under the influence are going to continue to do so, regardless of any new law.

Do you think lowering the blood alcohol limit is going to stop people from drinking and driving?

Replies

• natural_s
    May 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Unfortunately I feel the same way that it is not going to stop those who choose to be irresponsible. If a person does not care enough about his or her own life than they surely are not going to care about others and that is just the sad fact of drinking and driving.

• goddess99
    May 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

No I think it's going to over crowd the jails even more.

• Janet
    by Janet
    May 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM

No, I feel the same way you do.

• mommyof2andTTC
    May 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

if they really want people to stop drinking and driving stop making parking lots for bars... why do bars even HAVE parking lots if its illigal to drink and drive?

• trisha903
    May 15, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    No won't make a diffrence
  • Shaybay218
    May 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM

No...ppl do what they want...it probably will make it worse...

• Presley77
    May 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    Nope won't help a bit. A better law would be to permanently remove a persons drivers card if they are caught driving drunk even one time. No second chance. It's not worth the lives they could end.
  • Jodi136525
    May 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM

This is not changing anything other than increasing penalties for the group of people who most likely aren't going to be the ones to drink and drive in the first place.  I do court-ordered DWI evaluations.  The majority of the folks we get are above a BAC of .08.  In my state a driver with a BAC from .05-.07 can currently be arrested and charged with driving while ability impaired.  These are not the drivers who tend to come to the attention of the police, and are typically not the ones causing fatalities.  They are better focusing on prevention and mandated programs to reduce recidivism than focusing on the group of people who aren't causing the problem. 

• Ealane2011
    May 15, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Not at all.

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    May 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM

They are SUPPOSED to carpool and have designated drivers.  Or, they can call a cab.

What REALLY cut down the drinking and driving out here was a local cab company offers rides to drunk individuals.  I'm not sure how they fund the program or if it is all volunteer, but the number is posted all over all the bars and bartenders call them on people that need removed.

I just looked it up.  What it is:

You can buy a giftcard to give to a specific person if you are worried.  Or, you can buy giftcards and give them to the company and they will use it to give rides to people who don't have money or are too inebriated to figure out how to pay.

Quoting mommyof2andTTC:

if they really want people to stop drinking and driving stop making parking lots for bars... why do bars even HAVE parking lots if its illigal to drink and drive?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN