newmama101812
birth control
May 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Has anybody tried the patch? What are the pros and cons in your experience (I know everyone is different)? Just looking for something easier thatnthe pill but I dont want the long term effects of the pill or the iud.

Replies

• OliviasMommy611
    May 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    I haven't. I have para guard.
  • armyvet06
    May 13, 2013 at 8:16 PM
    I have not. I have nexplanon.
  • LivinDeadGurl
    May 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM

My mom was on it. She liked it and had no issues with it.

• Janet
    by Janet
    May 14, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    Sorry, hubby took care of that.
  • goddess99
    May 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Never used it.

• mom4awesomekids
    May 14, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Nope neverr tried it...I'm on the paraguard iud.

• GarysWife1991
    May 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I'm on Mirena now but my oldest stepdaughter has been on the patch and has recently been getting a rash from it.  We have an appt next week to talk to her gyn about switching.   

• Shaybay218
    May 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I tried the patch years ago and it worked for me...You have to be a certain weight ofr it to work well though...what I didnt like was that it made my hair shed really bad...but it worked for me at that time...I had a tubal so I don't have to worry about bc now all the different bc that's out have the most deadliest side affects these days...good luck finding one that works for you...

• OliviasMommy611
    May 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    A certain weight? Why?

Quoting Shaybay218:

I tried the patch years ago and it worked for me...You have to be a certain weight ofr it to work well though...what I didnt like was that it made my hair shed really bad...but it worked for me at that time...I had a tubal so I don't have to worry about bc now all the different bc that's out have the most deadliest side affects these days...good luck finding one that works for you...

• Shaybay218
    May 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

The doctor told me when I asked the same question is because if you are so to say too big,,,the patch may not be as affective and may not work well...idk...Hell i'm a size 8/9 im not that small but it worked for me..

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

A certain weight? Why?

Quoting Shaybay218: