Featured Posts
GleeFan
What is the best way to induce labor?
by GleeFan
May 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Apparently going to a professional hockey game and getting so excited it induces labor!

A super fan was at a hockey game last Thursday when her labor started. She refused to leave the game until the end!

I am a sports fan and usually nothing will get me to leave until the end, win or lose, but I think I would've made labor a priority and gotten my pregnant butt to the hospital..lol

Have you ever delayed going to the hospital for any reason while you were in labor or having contractions?

Replies

• randaboo
    May 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    Castraoil n oj
  • Janet
    by Janet
    May 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Yeah on my second baby because I didn't want an enema. Back then they gave them to you. The doctor asked if I were you trying to have the baby at home. I didn't have to have the enema either.

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    May 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Nope I go right away!

• Nerys-Kianna
    May 13, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I stayed home when I was pregnant with DS1 until the labor were 4 mins apart. Then I called a cap, told my mama and papa it's time. Sat outside waiting for the cap to arrive and texted my BFF, she should get her behind to the hospital I'll be there shortly (she was sooo excited). Arrived at the hospital about 25mins later, contractions were down by 3 mins and painful. I was halfway there, haha. Gave birth not even 2 hours later.

• MistressMinerva
    May 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I went right away when my water broke.

• Reina13
    by Reina13
    May 13, 2013 at 8:34 PM

With my oldest, when I felt the first pains I got out of bed and tried to walk them off thinking it was heartburn...lol

When I called the hospital and realized it was labor, they told me I could come in if I wanted to, but since it was my first baby, I didn't need to rush. So I took the nurse at her word. I took a shower and got dressed, I did my hair all while the contractions were getting stronger. I started my make up (yes, Im the crazy person who put on make up to go have a baby) I had done one eye, when the pain became too bad and we went to the hospital. Well of course, I couldnt dare show up with only one eye made up (can you detect my self directed sarcasm) so between breathing  and contractions in the back seat of the car, I attempted to finish the other eye and refused to get out of the car at the hospital until I was finished. Ridculous.

By the time I got there, I was too far gone for any type of pain meds, so you can imagine what my face looked like by the time I was done giving birth...I should have not worried about the make up ....lol

• whatmynameagain
    May 15, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    With my first my water broke at home and I refused to get in the car to go to the hospital until I could get on a pair of dry underware- I had athicj pad inbut, but every time I tried to put a pair in...gush. I was laughing and Dh kept asking if I was ok and ready ti go.
  • zacmacsmomm
    May 15, 2013 at 8:21 AM

No, when I had my son I was at the hospital as soon as I was told it was OK, which was about 15 hours after contrations, I wanted that epidural lol.  I had to be induced with my daughter because of HBP.

• FootballFan12
    May 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM

My water broke at home too. I wanted to change into clean sweat pants too and my dh thought it was funny. I took an extra pair in the car with me so that if I gushed again with my contractions, I would have another pair of clean and DRY sweats to put on...lol

Quoting whatmynameagain:

With my first my water broke at home and I refused to get in the car to go to the hospital until I could get on a pair of dry underware- I had athicj pad inbut, but every time I tried to put a pair in...gush. I was laughing and Dh kept asking if I was ok and ready ti go.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN