Featured Posts
twynns
I think this is a bit much...
by twynns
May 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM
My 20 month old goes to MDO three times a week from 8:30a-2:00p. Last week was Teacher Appreciation week. We were asked (by another mom that took it upon herself to oversee) to chip in $20, which I thought was a bit much for 1-2 year olds, but whatever. Yesterday, we got a letter telling us what all it went for. Breakfast all 3 mornings, a dessert bar, lunch each day from a different restaurant, a different dessert each day (in addition to dessert bar), a gift basket from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, a hanging plant, a $25 Target gift card, and a gift certificate from a local spa for a manicure. Does this seem excessive to anyone else?

Replies

• Rbrown72707
    May 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Holy cow!  That is a lot!  How many kids and how many teachers?  

• munky.wench
    May 10, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Yes

• goddess99
    May 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM

That is alot, I guess that mom suckered all the moms into giving $20. wow

• LivinDeadGurl
    May 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Wow...that is a little much.

• christina259
    May 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Whats MDO?  That does seem like a lot. I know its a job deserving of appreciation but  its not like they don't get paid for what they do ....right? An appreciation gift is fine but 4 things? yeh, that seems like a lot.

• twynns
    by twynns
    May 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    I think there are 12 kids in the one's class and 13 in the two's. 2 teachers each and the director. MDO = Mother's Day Out. I greatly appreciate them!! Sometimes, I even look forward to the days my son goes ;) I just don't remember doing that much even in "regular" grades for the teachers when I was growing up.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    May 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    It does to me.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    May 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Lol

Quoting goddess99:

That is alot, I guess that mom suckered all the moms into giving $20. wow

• VickyJoJo
    May 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM

That seems very excessive to me.  When I think of Teacher Appreciation, it is lunch and/or a small gift.

• butterbean491
    May 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    Wow, yes that is very excessive. Most schools have a limit on what can be spend on gift. I believe at my stepchildren's school it is $20. I know this was a group gift so of course something a little more expensive but that was very over the top.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN