Mom to Mom

AhDrah
Ideas for baby shower
by AhDrah
May 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Hey ladies.. I am in need of some help.  My best friend is having her first baby soon, and I want to get her something really great for her baby shower.  I'm looking for some creative ideas.  So what was your best baby shower gift, or what do you wish you would have gotten?  I'm stumped.  Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Replies

• lydias_mommy12
    May 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    Something for the baby like a keepsake and a spa day for mommy. There wasn't just one thing that I got that is my favorite, I appreciated all gifts and my diapers lasted six months but I sure wish someone would have gotten me a spa day lol
  • SlapItHigh
    May 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

A wrap like a Moby or soft structured baby carrier like an ergo or beco.

• goddess99
    May 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Check Pinterest for cute shower ideas. As for gifts I wish I would have got restaurant delivery gift cards. I was always hungry but too tired to cook anything.

• AhDrah
    by AhDrah
    May 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I've been on pinterest all day..lol.. I found a couple cute ideas, but nothing that really strikes me as THE GIFT.

• jewelfroggee
    May 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM

My cousin is into scrapbooking and she made me a scrapbook for my son's 1st year. I love it and have since then added too it!

• AJsMom81507
    May 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

something off my registry.  i know i needed it and it was used.

• princezlisa12
    May 9, 2013 at 8:38 AM

How about some classic baby books, like I Love You Forever or any Dr Suess book?  I generally give a book with a baby gift, mainly because one of my great-aunts always included a book in birthday and holiday gifts.  It really sparked my love for reading (as my daughter has inherited thankfully).

One of the items I received at my baby shower (11 years ago) was a wipe warmer.  I actually received 3 of them and exchanged them all because I thought it was not a necessity.  However, a week in to motherhood, I went and bought one because I had changed my daughter at a friends house who had a wipe warmer and diaper changes became a LOT calmer.  You could also just google baby gifts and search images to see if anything strikes you.  Good luck.

• Janet
    by Janet
    May 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My best friend bought me a stroller at my baby shower.

• AhDrah
    by AhDrah
    May 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Thanks everyone!  I love all the ideas!  I can't wait to put everything together for her now :)

• splatz
    by splatz
    May 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

What about a gift basket of handy little things? 

Diaper cream, baby tylenol, nursing pads & nipple cream if she is breastfeeding, wipes, and socks (and one of those little mesh bags for the washer so they don't all disappear into the washer black hole lol). 

If you stick to the registry you really can't go wrong though! It seems like moms take so long setting up registries & nobody even bothers with them. I had around 20 items on my registry. Not one thing was super expensive. I think the most expensive thing was $20-25. Yet we only got like 3 things off the registry at the shower. To me it made sense to register for just practical stuff. People like buying cute stuff though lol.

Mom to Mom

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts