MamaAjax
Would you like this for your anniversary?
May 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

So money is beyond tight right now. Like no I can't afford that .99cnt card from Wal-Mart tight.

We're living in two different cities and everythings packed away in boxed because we're moving in less than three weeks.

My parents 11 year anniversary is coming up and I made them this. Do you think it will work? I've never not gotten them anything before and I'm feeling a bit disheartened by it.

Would you like something like this if they didn't have the money to buy you something?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 40% - Yes. Even if they did have the money. I would rather something like this.
  2. 25% - Yes. It's fine.
  3. 25% - Wouldn't care either way as long as they just remember.
  4. 0% - No. I want the card.
  5. 0% - No. You should have saved up money.
  6. 10% - I'm voting to see what other's have voted.

Replies

• Imjustinsmommy
    May 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

i voted its fine.. ppl get wayyyyyy to caught it money & gifts & store bought cards with bought words of love on them... this is homemade love its a card from YOU MADE BY YOU! its personalized for them & carries much more meaning & value IMO. it took time i cna see & i think it's more than fine! =) id love this.

• MichelleMc
    May 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I voted that even if you had the money I would rather thing. I agree that people get to caught up in money & gifts from the store. I would rather this. Something you thought about, put thought into & did yourself. All that matters is that you thought about them, put effort into it & cared enough to remember. I love it & would cherish it. 

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    May 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Yeah.. I think that's great! 

• goddess99
    May 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM

OMG that is the sweetest thing ever. I honestly had tears.

• MamaAjax
    May 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Thank you ladies. I sent it to my parents via FB because they're not here locally atm.

No one commented on it except for my mom so I was worried that she might just be "being mom" and being nice about it. Especially since the rest of the family and friends tend to always comment on things I post involving them.

your comments really helped me lessen my insecurities about it.

• MistressMinerva
    May 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Great idea.

• Shelly126
    May 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    I voted it wouldn't matter as long as you remembered because I agree most people get too caught up in how much things cost and finding the perfect gift. Remembering a special day and acknowledging it is way nicer than an expensive gift bought after the fact because you didn't care enough to remember.
    It was very nice
  • Mom2Vannah
    May 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I think you did a great job and your parents should enjoy it! 

• letstalk747
    May 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM

fine

• Janet
    by Janet
    May 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM

It's better than anything you could have bought. I know I would love it!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN