Featured Posts
ilovebacon
happening now
May 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM

hi i need some opions here. the rule for bedtime is three books one song kiss and goodnight. my son has tried to sneak in a 4th book. i said no the result is him in his room crying and whining. i know i cant go in there now and read him the book beacuse that means he won. my question is it wrong/bad to leave him in there to go to sleep in that mood?

Replies

• Janet
    by Janet
    May 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM

No it's not wrong at all. Like you said you can't give in. You are doing the right thing.

• ilovebacon
    May 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

its a hard poistion. i know i can end it all if i just read the book but i also know i cant give in. man being a mom is hard lol.

my husband is in there now having a talk about the planets (there is a poster above his bed) all is quiet he must be going to sleep

• goddess99
    May 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Some times you just have to stand your ground. If you give in, he'll think you'll always give in. You're doing the right thing.

• MistressMinerva
    May 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Not wrong at all. He will realize soon that your not going to give in. Let him cry it out.

• TheDoctorsWife
    May 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    It's not wrong. You're in charge here, not him. My ds has gone to bed mad more than once.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    May 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Just stick to your guns.

My toddler begged to take a sippy to bed tonight & I told her no. She was mad and cried for a minute but then she realized she wasn't getting a cup & fell right asleep. Its hard, but sometimes you just have to do it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts