Featured Posts
MomInATreeStand
*? 4 Moms w older kids...
May 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 questions...

1) At what age do you find that boys begin to experiment/start pleasuring themselves?

(Just curious when I should start making sure to knock before entering the boys room or not question what's taking them so long in the bathroom! My DS is only 2 but my SS is 10 soon to be 11, we have every other week, so I know I am creeping closer to this)

3) at what age do you find girls starting their periods these days?

(my daughter is almost 7. I know I have a while yet but I've heard some are around 10?!)

Replies

• Knightquester
    May 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I heard it through my daughters doctor that it is often around the 100 pound mark, and a few other mothers who have daughters I know have said as much too.  I don't know how much I weighed when I started.  I'm sure 10-15 lbs difference from 100 wouldn't make much of a difference.

Still I don't know how much weight (pardon the pun) it really holds medically speaking as far as true/false.  I've also heard that BMI matters more than weight.

Here are a couple of sites that have mentioned weight and first menstral cycle (also know as the Menarche).

http://www.epigee.org/menstruation/menarche.html

http://www.kidzworld.com/article/24604-dear-dish-it-100-pounds-to-get-my-period

Quoting MJP76:

I've never heard that about the 100 lb thing.. My daughter was 13 and weighed 85 lbs when she started. I was 13 and weighed 90.

Quoting Knightquester:

My girls are between 10-12 years old, their birthdays start in a month and a half so they'll be older pretty soon.  Basically girls can start their period as early as 9/10 years old, but typically it's between ages 11-13 years old.  Usually the theory is when your daughter hits 100 lbs.  My daughters are all pretty small, my almost 13 year old was just weighed at 77lbs, she still hasn't started hers.  I started my period when I was 11 years old, my mom was 9 years old when she started hers and neither of us were overweight, just tall and our bodies matured faster.  I've had friends that didn't start theirs until they were 13, 14 and even 15 years old.  Basically it can happen anytime during their tween/teen years.

My son is only 8 years old, but from talking to a lot of mothers with older boys I know they start handing the deodorant out around 12/13 years old (sometimes earlier for some boys).

I have always knocked before entering with all of my children from an early age.  They know to keep their rooms open unless getting dressed or something along those lines, so I doubt I'll have a concern like yours.  Most of my friends knock before entering too, so I haven't heard much on when boys start "pleasuring themselves".

I did ask my husband once and he said preteen/teen age is when they start getting the hormones, so I'd say possibly between ages 11-13 you have a talk with your sons about hygiene, their bodies and also give them space when it comes to knocking.

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    May 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I agree that BMI matters, so maybe that's the correlation. I know that kids that are overweight start sooner.

Quoting Knightquester:

I heard it through my daughters doctor that it is often around the 100 pound mark, and a few other mothers who have daughters I know have said as much too.  I don't know how much I weighed when I started.  I'm sure 10-15 lbs difference from 100 wouldn't make much of a difference.

Still I don't know how much weight (pardon the pun) it really holds medically speaking as far as true/false.  I've also heard that BMI matters more than weight.

Here are a couple of sites that have mentioned weight and first menstral cycle (also know as the Menarche).

http://www.epigee.org/menstruation/menarche.html

http://www.kidzworld.com/article/24604-dear-dish-it-100-pounds-to-get-my-period

Quoting MJP76:

I've never heard that about the 100 lb thing.. My daughter was 13 and weighed 85 lbs when she started. I was 13 and weighed 90.

Quoting Knightquester:

My girls are between 10-12 years old, their birthdays start in a month and a half so they'll be older pretty soon.  Basically girls can start their period as early as 9/10 years old, but typically it's between ages 11-13 years old.  Usually the theory is when your daughter hits 100 lbs.  My daughters are all pretty small, my almost 13 year old was just weighed at 77lbs, she still hasn't started hers.  I started my period when I was 11 years old, my mom was 9 years old when she started hers and neither of us were overweight, just tall and our bodies matured faster.  I've had friends that didn't start theirs until they were 13, 14 and even 15 years old.  Basically it can happen anytime during their tween/teen years.

My son is only 8 years old, but from talking to a lot of mothers with older boys I know they start handing the deodorant out around 12/13 years old (sometimes earlier for some boys).

I have always knocked before entering with all of my children from an early age.  They know to keep their rooms open unless getting dressed or something along those lines, so I doubt I'll have a concern like yours.  Most of my friends knock before entering too, so I haven't heard much on when boys start "pleasuring themselves".

I did ask my husband once and he said preteen/teen age is when they start getting the hormones, so I'd say possibly between ages 11-13 you have a talk with your sons about hygiene, their bodies and also give them space when it comes to knocking.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts