Featured Posts
orliesmom
Has anyone had a Tubal Ligation right after birth?
April 27, 2013 at 12:57 AM

My husband and I have four kids together (two are from his previous marriage) and we also have two together. Our youngest is 1 1/2 we were trying really hard to avoid another pregnancy and just found out this week that we are expecting another. Since we wereent planning this pregnancy at all we are planning to both get my tubes tied and him a vasectemy. We will be strapping down with another baby and just do not want any other slips lol.

So anyway my questions are to those who have had a tubal ligation right after birth? THis is what I plan on doing since I am already there and I have heard from my doctor choose to go this route.

Replies

• anotherandree
    April 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM

So, what, exactly, are your questions?  I had mine done the day after the birth of my last son, about 5 years ago.  I had him vaginally so there was no hurry.  They made an incision about 4 inches just under my belly button and because my uterus and everything was high up, they were able to get at the tubes easily.  They put me under for it.  Once my stomach went back to normal (or as normal as it gets after having another kid) you can't even see the scar anymore, it kind sunk into my belly button.  The healing was fine.  It really smarted where the tubes would be on the inside for about 2 days after and if I moved funny it felt like someone was pulling a tight, painful string inside.  But, really, it only lasted for 2 days max.

The problems didn't come until much later.  Please look up Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome.  Some women get it, some women say it doesn't exist.  About a year after I got my tubal, miraculously I started getting migraines, depression, fibromyalgia, terrible cramping periods, and more.  Seriously, all within a ONE YEAR span of getting my tubes tied.  I do not call that a coincidence!

• orliesmom
    April 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Lol sorry about the mix up ! I gotup and thought I finished the post lol.

My questions are if you have had it what was the procedure- has it worked and if it made healing after birth any different?

You answered pretty much all of them. Never heard of the one year thing lol.

• goddess99
    April 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I had my tubal during my csection. No problems then or since and that was almost 11 years ago.

• CampClan
    April 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    I knew going to my very 1st OB appt with my now aalmost 4yo that he was to be the last (he made #5 for me). Since I had previous c-sections my OB said she would do my tubal then & there while she had me open on the table. What I had done is called a BPS (bilateral partial something or other).
  • auntangelofsix
    April 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    Not right after 2nd one was born but a few months after since he was born in a hospital that does not do it but my ob sent me to a diffrent hospital.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts