Featured Posts
CrossStitchMum
Safety Harnesses
April 24, 2013 at 6:06 AM

Sooo.. 1 of our night time news programs 'The Project' bought up the use of safety harnesses, although they called them leashes. Yes or no? Grrr to all those who say 'It looks cruel' or claim that its 'lazy parenting'. My darling children mean the most to me, and when DS4 who has behaviour problems runs off in a shop or car park and with little sis following close behind, when Im holding baby girl and trying to keep an eye on all 4 kids, Im not a happy camper! Most of the time now I get them babysat while I go to town but harnesses all the way when I do go with them all. What do you think?

Replies

• jellibellis
    April 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I only have 1 ds who is a little cling-on so I have never needed one (yet). If wearing a harness keeps you and your children together and safe, I'm all for it! I thought the monkey one was cute too!

• MistressMinerva
    April 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I don't see a problem using them especially if you have kids that like to wonder off and not listen.

• Kholt
    by Kholt
    April 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    I had 4 kids within 6 yrs. Never used one. Never needed to. My older ones knew how far they could go and didnt test the limits. And n parking lots they put their hands on the car and sang songs while I fastened younger ones into car seats. They didnt take off. I took them everywhere by myself including nice resteraunts and they didnt getbup and run around. Just takes patience and training.
  • Kholt
    by Kholt
    April 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    I had 4 kids within 6 yrs. Never used one. Never needed to. My older ones knew how far they could go and didnt test the limits. And n parking lots they put their hands on the car and sang songs while I fastened younger ones into car seats. They didnt take off. I took them everywhere by myself including nice resteraunts and they didnt getbup and run around. Just takes patience and training.
  • splatz
    by splatz
    April 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    I swore up and down I would never use one. At about 1 1/2 my son went through an anti stroller phase. If I was holding his hand he would bolt. After he bolted away from me in a crowded part at the zoo I decided it was worth a try. He loved it and would beg to use it. I usually had him hold my hand too. But it was nice to know he wasn't able to get away if he didn't. I took my first flight a few weeks later and he joined me. I was already a wreck trying to navigate 2 large airports. I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if I was stressing about him bolting off at the airport.
    I only used it a few months and then he quit bolting. But that harness was a sanity saver for me.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts