Featured Posts
SuperWaned
My 13 year old insist she is fat!
April 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

She is 5'5 tall and a size 5 in pants. Small  and sometimes medium in shirts. She doesn't  want to get weighted and keep looking for excuses to avoid it.   

I am starting to get  super worried. She was just crying about it. I keep telling her she is not but my stupid bitch-in-law/ sorry meant mom-in-law keep making comments on how she is getting a tummy and need to control what she eats and blah blah blah.. My girl is pretty active and eats pretty healthy.

I am super worried about her body image and super pissed at my mother in law! 

Replies

• pamelakeller
    April 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I would tell her, your mother-in-law, to keep her trap shut.  If she has nothing nice to say, than don't say anything at all.  Seriously, all you need is a daughter who is anorexic or bulemic, because that woman is focusing too much on her (your daughter) size and weight.  I am sure she is normal for her age, and activities!!

• inpraize
    April 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    Your MIL needs psychiatric help. My grandmother use to tell me it was a good thing I was smart, because I sure wasn't pretty. To be honest, I didn't live it down until a few years ago.

I'd tell her either she chills or she can watch her grow up through pictures.

A child's psyche shouldn't be played with.
  • mkvet0388
    April 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM

OH HELL NO... If ANYONE kept saying my daughter was fat, reguardless of whether she was a little chubby or not, I would have words with them. and if they can't respect your wishes of keeping her mouth shut the shut it for her by not letting her around your kids. My BIL, I mean MIL told my kids that I am stupid and fat and they came home from her house saying that. Needless to say I was PISSED. Stick up for your daughter and tell your MIL off... or have your hubby do it.

• marisab
    by marisab
    April 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    dude she is far from fat my neivce is almost 14 and 185 lbs wearing size 13/14 panys and xtra lg tops
  • dylansmom08
    April 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I would tell MIL to mind her business! I hate when people put their nose in where it don't belong as MIL's normally do. Your daugther is not over weight and for monster in law to say that is just wrong and she needs to be stopped. I mean look at how much pressure girls are already under to be the "model" look, why would she want to add to that just stupid on her part.

• Jazzymee
    April 27, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    Your mil is a complete bitch. Dont let her see your daughter anymore. I have a 13 yo daughter and if anyone puts her down they feel my wrath.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts