Featured Posts
kss12
Money and being a sahm
by kss12
April 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM
There is no reason for me to feel this way as my hubby always says its OUR money. But does anyone else feel weird spending money on themselves? I haven't got a handle on it yet.. I still feel guilt buying something for myself. I've always made my own money but since having our son a little over a year ago I haven't worked as we decided it works for us for me to be a sahm. Wondering if that feeling ever goes away!

Replies

• kss12
    by kss12
    April 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    We've been together 5 but I've been a sahm for 14 months.. So it's still new to me depending on him. But he knew when we made the decision that it would be that way.. So I shouldn't feel guilty, and he wants to spoil me.. But there's something I just can't get go of yet!

Quoting NikkiGross42:

I hardly ever spend money on myself, Its been four years and it still makes me feel bad.. 

• NikkiGross42
    April 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    Guess it doesnt help that he always has to mention that he is the only one who works. I would gladly work, and have actually applied in several places. No calls back and also day care would cost a ton for the boys.
  • emaylerocks76
    April 18, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I do feel weird about spending the house money on myself. Like you, my spouse tells me it is "our" money but it simply feels like I am spending it frivolously. What I decided to do was (at first,) do mystery shops.  This accomplished 2 things. I was able to try new stuff and shop at places I didnt normally from time to time and second, It gave me a little extra cash every now and then. You wont make a lot of money doing it but it is fun. After that, I found out I could work from home. While it was a big adjustment, it allows me to make my own mone and still stay at home with the kids and stuff. Now, if money and bills are not the issue, then a little part time gig may make that feeling go away!

• Pammi86
    by Pammi86
    April 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Well I work part time and dh works full time so I can not say it bothers me!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN