Featured Posts
momamanda
SAHM what is your daily routine?
April 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM

If you are a sahm with kids in school what is your day like? This is my first year that all my kids are in school. While I stay pretty busy I do find It's easy to be lazy when the kids aren't here to keep you going. I have to stay on a schedule and Keep lists of things that need to get done daily. So what is your daily routine?

Replies

• momamanda
    April 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Here is mine

6:40: wake up wake the kids and make breakfasts and lunches. Everyone needs to be dressed with teeth brushed by 7am so I can get their hair done and be out the door by 7:25. I drop 2 oldest off at school at 7:35 and other dd at 7:40 Then go back home

8:00- Now that the kids are off to school I have a cup of coffe check my facebook/cafemom etc.. and watch a bit of tv Till 9am

9:00 I unload the dishwasher and clean up morning mess in the kitchen Then make beds and pick up throughout the house. I do 2 loads of laundry a day. I vaccum mop sweep and dust, whatever is needed. Do these things till about 11:00-11:30 Then I will have lunch and If I need to go to the store I will prepare list and go.

1:45pm- I pick youngest dd up at 2:00 and the other 2 at 2:20. When we get home I give them snack and hang out with them till 4-5 when I start dinner. After dinner we do about an hour of homework then baths and bedtime at 8pm. I go to bed at 10 or 11.

I take 1 day off a week to meet up with friends or have a date day with dh. I also do a Bigger job once a week like Cleaning out a closet, organizing cupboards, Cleaning baseboards and tops of doors, etc.....

I am considering homeschooling next year So I know that will defintely change the life I have now. I feel blessed that I am able to be a SAHM. I take my job seriously! :0)

• TheLadyAmalthea
    April 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I'm hoping that my daughter will be accepted into preschool this next school year. It will only be 2 days a week for 3 hours each day, but still! My son will be in 1st grade, so I will have a few hours all by myself for two days a week. I won't know what to do with myself! I will probably volunteer at each school and actually join a gym! I can't wait for those few hours to myself!

• aakeiser
    April 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    I get up around 7:30, get kids off to school. I take time to eat, than about 9 start laundry and house work.or I go do my running around. It depends on if the kids and I have appointments. Friday's I don't do much. I have to take my son to therapy, so normally do a little running around and go pick kids up early about 1 and go to children's hospital for therapy..things are going to change a little. I start online classes tuesday..
  • goddess99
    April 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I've been a sahm for many years and my dd is in 4th grade, this is the 1st year however that I was not the pto president at her school so I have alot less to do now. I pretty much get my dd off to school and dh to work (we're done to 1 car currently), then I come home and do my CafeMom stuff, I run errands or do housework, spend most of my time online, sometimes I take a nap. I do whatever I want mostly. Then I pick everyone up at the end of the day and make dinner, I meal plan so that's easy. Help dd with homework if there is any. When my dd goes to bed, I hang out with my dh.

• SlapItHigh
    April 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM
    Not all of my kids are in school, only 2 of the 3.
  • JasonsMom2007
    April 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    I homeschool so my kids are in school here :)
  • delanna6two
    April 8, 2013 at 1:53 AM

4am - 7am get everyone ready
    7am - 4pm I'm either online, eating, watching tv, hobbies, out and about errands, misc. tasks
    4pm - 9pm homework, dinner, prep for next day
    Laundry - weekends/1st of the week

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN