Featured Posts
muireann
Hobbies/skills u took up in your 30s
April 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Hello my daughter does a lot of after school  she asked me  mom why don't u do piano or a hobby? I laughed at her and told her I was too old ......but it got me thinking have any of u started piano, chess, learning a language as an adult, is it too late ?..

Replies

• goddess99
    April 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

It's never too late.

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    April 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Traveling, and fine dining are my hobbies..lol

Eventually, I'm going to take up sewing though... I need to get that spare room together first.

• MistressMinerva
    April 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

It's never too late to start.

• mcginnisc
    April 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I took up running when I was 34. I will be 38 in a few weeks and I have run many races ( have 1 this weekend, 1 in 3 weeks and another next month with a possible half marathon in September depending on if I have my PT certfications and working or not). I run 4-5x per week and average 25-35 miles per week depending on the week. I do it while the kids are in school. 

• Janet
    by Janet
    April 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    It's never to late to start.
  • VickyJoJo
    April 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I took up horseback riding at 46.  I'm now 48 and going over low jumps.  Its good exercise.  I also started hip-hop dancing at 42 through a class at my daughter's dance studio.  Just started doing yoga this past year as well.  It is never to late to start and it is a great example for your kids to see you do something new and not let anything hold you back. 

• delanna6two
    April 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I agree...if it's something you think you will enjoy...go for it!

• AlexandAsMom
    April 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I love learning a new skill and I get me-time. I took up ice skating and cake decorating this past winter and love them both. 

• Mrsmumofboys
    April 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I don't think so i did photography at college & have started it back up again in the past few mths. I enjoy it the kids get a bit fed up of me practicing on them tho * OOoops* !!

paparazzi

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts