Featured Posts
cookinmommyof1
i know ive asked this before, but...
April 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
To vbac or not to vabc. That is the question. Lol. If you had a vbac, what made you decide, and how did it go? If you opted for the repeat c-section, what was your deciding factors?

Replies

  • splatz
    by splatz
    April 3, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    Bump!
  • Des10ed2b
    April 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM

    fortunately, i have never been in that situation. i was worried i would have to with my daughter because she was breech for so long, but she finally rolled just a couple weeks before delivering. 

    if i WOULD have had a c-section with her, then i would have tried for a VBAC with my son. personally, i would have felt like i was cheated out of a full birth experience. i am not saying that other people feel that way or SHOULD feel that way, because i know that medically some people have to have a c-section. i am saying that for me personally, if the only reason i had to have a c-section was because my baby was breech and the second time i had one was just because i had one before? i would feel disappointed that i never got to experience a "normal" birth. 

  • MsGrayciesMommy
    April 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    I'm struggling with this too right now. My first was a csection after a failed induction. My biggest reason to try for a VBAC is to experience the vaginal birth.. placing baby on chest and all that stuff. Plus I know I want more kids, and the more csection you have its worse on your body. I will most likely decide on a VBAC.
  • OliviasMommy611
    April 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    This is a discussion you and your doctor should have. There are many complications and sometimes it's just not an option, good luck!
  • Janet
    by Janet
    April 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    My daughter in law had it and It went fine for her.
  • cookinmommyof1
    April 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    My doctor told me I can try for a vbac. My c-section with ds was a failed induction. Im leaning towards vbac, but want to hear others experiences. I know for SURE this time I will refuse induction unless there are extenuating circumstances.


    Quoting OliviasMommy611:

    This is a discussion you and your doctor should have. There are many complications and sometimes it's just not an option, good luck!

  • OliviasMommy611
    April 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    Great! Good luck

    Quoting cookinmommyof1:

    My doctor told me I can try for a vbac. My c-section with ds was a failed induction. Im leaning towards vbac, but want to hear others experiences. I know for SURE this time I will refuse induction unless there are extenuating circumstances.




    Quoting OliviasMommy611:

    This is a discussion you and your doctor should have. There are many complications and sometimes it's just not an option, good luck!

  • midnightstar21
    April 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

    I am seven weeks pregnant with my second child.I am having another c section because that is my choice and plus where i live they don't do Vbac's. But i rather be more safe then sorry much more risky to have a vbac then another c section. 

  • LilliesValley
    April 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    I'm having another c section. Everything is nice and intact down there and I want to keep it that way. Plus I know what to expect.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts