amber.dean29
we want to adopt but cannot afford it
April 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I have had 4 miscarraiges and I want to adopt a baby. But I cannot afford to adopt. I am at a loss..... my heart aches for another baby. My son want to be a big brother and my husband wants a 2nd child as well.

Replies

• grneyedormom
    April 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Check into adoption through your State's foster system. Adopting through private agencies are expensive, adopting children who need forever homes is not.

• goddess99
    April 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I'm sorry =(

• LeilaBeansMom
    April 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    As a pp mentioned, most foster to adopt programs are FREE! Contact your local health and human services department. They can get you pointed in the right direction.
  • MJP76
    by MJP76
    April 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Have you thought about a female relative being a surrogate for you?

• onethentwins
    April 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Look no further than the foster system. There are lots of kids that ache for a family and siblings as much as you ache for another kid. Not only is it very, very inexpensive, you'll receive an adoption tax credit too.

• amber.dean29
    April 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    Thanks I am looking into now.
  • Janet
    by Janet
    April 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Quoting grneyedormom:

Check into adoption through your State's foster system. Adopting through private agencies are expensive, adopting children who need forever homes is not.

• primatemom
    April 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Im in the same boat. 5 miscarriages, two failed adoptions, two failed invitro procedures. we want to adopt but are running out of savings trying. Foster adoption process is a night mare. Wish we could find a private adoption

• Des10ed2b
    April 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

totally random, but have you tried to take 1 chewable baby asprin every day as soon as you know you are pregnant? i had 4 miscarriages and that is how i finally had my 2 kids. apparently i just have unusually thick blood that was just too thick for a sucessful pregnancy. i have met a few women like that. 

other than that? yes, i agree. foster is the way to go. you have to jump through a lot of hoops, but it is worth it. there is a mom at my daughters school who has 2 bio kids and 3 adoptive kids through the foster system. one of the happiest families i have ever seen!

• OliviasMommy611
    April 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    I'm sorry